1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Crodhopper — D O N E !

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 2 BIKES' started by kingplinker, Sep 15, 2007.

1. kingplinker

kingplinker

stinkpot - nope, CRODHOPPER

[​IMG]

Here is the bike I will be using. The front forks and rim are trashed, fenders not so hot either (chop!). Frame looks cool brown and black spotty patina - may paint, not sure. Seat post was welded in! I do not know what type of bike it is, bought for $5 at flea market. It came apart real easy, all bearings, parts still good, and all welds still tight! My guess is a late 70's model cheap-o bike but I have no clue. If you have a guess I'd love to know!

[​IMG]

Started looking for other parts to use and tried a dry run - just goofing around really - have not decided what direction to take this thing, but I want it to "STINK" of rat rod, so I'm going for the old nasty look on mine I think!

[​IMG]

"Stinkpot" is actually a type of mud turtle found here in TX., it's very rare to see one, and me and my boys found one the other day - not knowing what is was we found out it was called a Stinkpot - so my rat rod bike took that name - me and my sons have anew project! It may be ugly and slow when It's all said and done - but it'll be "rare" (and beautiful to me) :mrgreen: [/img]

Can't wait to see progress on your bikes! Fun Stuff! -T.

2. xddorox

xddorox

Cool story behind the name :D

3. kingplinker

kingplinker

I'll post pics soon of my progress, hopefully by tomorrow night. I found an old seat, and some wicked springy forks (at least to me) forks off a 1953 Wester Flyer X-53 Super. I have the whole bike, but it has some crucial missing parts/bearings/skip-tooth cranks so I can't use the frame on this one - forks look cool on frame above... for now, may change... also thinking of changing the name fork stinkpoy to CrodHopper - fun - will post soon as I can - lost electricity in my shop this eve, so had to stop for now. Cheers, T.

4. kingplinker

kingplinker

hey all, here are some pics of some progress - found a few cool parts - definitely many different parts/brands going to use - it's all i got! Wish I knew what the frame was serial number on botttom is only 3 numbers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

keep on truckin' -T.

5. cman

cman Moderator

I really like your detailed pics w/comments. This will be a great build to watch.

The frame? I think older based on the design of the dropouts-late 40's/early 50's.

6. fast eddie

fast eddie

duuuuuuuuuuuude!!!! this bike could be a "creeper"
    looks like she's comin along reeeaaalll nice!!! cant wait to see what else ya do! and i dig that front end, i like those old springers, they got style!
    fast eddie outty

7. RawBert

RawBert

that fork is sweet!!! looking foward to seeing progress on your bike...

8. gravediggerjason

gravediggerjason

that frame is very simalar to the late 60's early 70's Columbia frames ... love the line in the the rear triangle ... smooth

9. kingplinker

kingplinker

Hey thanks for feedback guys, and thanks for the info on frame so far! Here is progress on the seat - I driled holes on the back and screwed in spikes, lightly painted satin black & hit w/sandpaper a little - etc. - might rig some butt pads on it, not sure... but here it is so far...

[​IMG]
    [/img]

[​IMG]
    [/img]

[​IMG]
    [/img]

10. crt95

crt95

that seat kicks! love it.

11. CCR

CCR Mouth-Breather Moderator

TOE CLIPS !!! for your NADS ?!?!?

looks very .... painful :shock:

oh well, thats the price you pay for looking cool !!! :lol:

12. kingplinker

kingplinker

He he... Hey, here are my close to "finished" forks, and fender madness pics. I tried to rivet two fender together, it looks cool, and is solid as can be, but I slipped once and boogered up the fender.. oh well, rat right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you are all having fun. PEACE, T.

13. Chainsaw

Chainsaw

You're so crazy! Great ideas for this project. The fenders are very eye catching and the seat looks like it'll catch the rest of the bodyparts! :shock:

14. xddorox

xddorox

The fender idea is brilliant and the seat is, well, scary! btw, love your new avatar. :mrgreen:

15. tomb

tomb

Kingplinker be playin' for KEEPS!!!
    good job so far, can' t wait to see the rest...

16. fast eddie

fast eddie

man! what a good idea for fenders, ive never seen that before. i think you've taken care of the problem of skateboarders wanting to hold on to your seat to "skitch"
    i think the bar just went up again! fast eddie outty

17. VicXsaN

VicXsaN

the fenders look awesome!

18. kingplinker

kingplinker

hey thanks for feedback - feel free to be brutal as well - I can take it - , I'm going to re-do the seat pan - guess the toe (nad) clip thingy is too sanford & son-ish - i'll fix it differently/cooler/more mod I guess - but leaving the spikes.. it "seemed" like a good idea at the time. :shock:

19. fsjaak

fsjaak

That saddle is genius! Now ure tawkin.

20. armandgil

armandgil

The forks are awesome, the fenders are awesome, and the seat is awesome...scary but awesome. :mrgreen: