Crank ID ????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
ok guys I know there is away to ID a set of cranks , stamped is AS&co
and 25 . Came off a girls schwinn 26" bicycle I forgot the serial number before I stripped and scrapped it . Any help will be greatly appreciated

What do you need to know? The AS&co is obviously Arnold, Schwinn & Company...the numbers are, presumably, the year or manufacture. Does 1925 fit the style of frame you had? If not, take a closer look at the casting; you may have read the numbers wrong.

No the bike looked more 50's-60's style . If I remember correctly the serial number that was on this one was used twice in two different years but it has been so long ago .
I scrapped the frame, kept
Fenders, forks crank set pedals and chain guard maybe the stem .

IMG_4512.JPG
IMG_4511.JPG
What do you need to know? The AS&co is obviously Arnold, Schwinn & Company...the numbers are, presumably, the year or manufacture. Does 1925 fit the style of frame you had? If not, take a closer look at the casting; you may have read the numbers wrong.

There's certainly no mistaking those numbers. I have to wonder if some knucklehead at the foundry didn't transpose digits when creating the green-sand form. That would make it 52 instead, and I could believe that.

There's certainly no mistaking those numbers. I have to wonder if some knucklehead at the foundry didn't transpose digits when creating the green-sand form. That would make it 52 instead, and I could believe that.
Either way I appreciate the info I didn't know it would be that simple ! Hahaha . O well good enough for who it's for ..........me ! Thanks again

Latest posts

Back