Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for real

SmartSelect_20191110-000935_Facebook.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2372164169701330/

There's at least one in the pile I'm interested in. The yellow Hummer by Montague. Aluminum frame folding MTB. The components are usually crap, but if you have parts around, they can get pretty cool.
This guy claims he got his down to less than 20 lbs in weight weenie mode. Pretty sweet for a packable bike!
1573395140.jpg

I don't know how solid their frames are, but if I had use for a folding bike, I'd be looking for one of those or the numerous clones as the cheapest way into something that doesn't look like a monkey's circus bike (I know it seems that everyone that has one loves their Brompton and I don't doubt they are great at what they do, but I can't get past how goofy they look).

I don't know how solid their frames are, but if I had use for a folding bike, I'd be looking for one of those or the numerous clones as the cheapest way into something that doesn't look like a monkey's circus bike (I know it seems that everyone that has one loves their Brompton and I don't doubt they are great at what they do, but I can't get past how goofy they look).
A pawn shop down the road had a Puma folding bike by Biomega that I could've bought for about $80
bostonbike-ed01.jpg

But I was afraid I'd break it. And it was a little rough. Needed a good tune-up.

I'd have picked up the Puma. First thing I thought of was those old Slingshot flex frame bikes.
s-l300.jpg
Had this little flexxxy section and the spring at the end of the cable:
p4pb12526374.jpg

Are they still available? 29er:
large-adpic2-1529658997-6178.jpg

Last edited:
And looks like the front fender is on backwards

You get to see more paint when you ride that way...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BikeSnob found these 2 hipster beauties.
The first one is said to be completely wrapped in electrical tape.
pista+cl.jpg

The second one is wrapped in the table cloth from an Italian restaurant.
uglybike1.jpg

So I'm going through the local Craigslist. I see this Schwinn Le Tour for sale. I open the page, and I think to myself that bike looks familiar. That's because it's my Schwinn, and my picture (first picture).
Apparently this dude is selling a Schwinn, and is to lazy to take his own pictures, so he goes to the internet and steals a picture off the web and post it as his.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bik/6155109027.html

View attachment 52648
Where I live, that price is normal.

Latest posts

Back