Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It must be ULTRA RARE, because I couldn't find any information on it over on the CABE!!!!

Ha! Guess what I JUST parked my bike next to?
XFm_J9ZAvumYg05-8rR_iBJNxz8zuB0nqZJwn0eVrvI_zpsb69d1470.jpeg

Even rarer maybe?

OK, what's up with people calling you about Craigslist ads DAYS after removing the ad, with no other ads posted? That always confuses me and sends me back to Craigslist to MAKE SURE that I really removed it.

OK, what's up with people calling you about Craigslist ads DAYS after removing the ad, with no other ads posted? That always confuses me and sends me back to Craigslist to MAKE SURE that I really removed it.

I, myself , don't have a smartphone ( I use a laptop ) . So when I spot something that I like . I print the ad and call when I get a chance ( I work in retail , so sometimes my schedule doesn't allow it for a day or 2 ) Maybe in the interim it has sold :headbang:

It could even be that they are seeing the google cache of the original ad.

I think there's sites now that compile ads from places like Craigslist and repost them. I've seen a few of my bikes on them if I google search them. Not sure what the point is. Lately I get a lot of calls and emails asking questions about stuff that is clearly in the ad, like price, pictures, etc. They obviously know what I have and how to contact me, but clearly aren't seeing the entire ad.

I think there's sites now that compile ads from places like Craigslist and repost them. I've seen a few of my bikes on them if I google search them. Not sure what the point is. Lately I get a lot of calls and emails asking questions about stuff that is clearly in the ad, like price, pictures, etc. They obviously know what I have and how to contact me, but clearly aren't seeing the entire ad.

That happened to me. I had someone text me months after I sold a bike on CL. They saw it on some other website. It bothers me that my info is left hanging out on the interwebs indefinitely. I noticed recently that CL lets you put your contact information under a button you have to click. That should help protect personal info a little better.

At what point do you call a text thread spamming?
Started out "Do you still have the bike?" well OK, they all do.
Then asked for pictures - hey all I have are right there on CL
Then wanted to trade skateboard stuff - no cash just like the ad says
Then asked brand of bike - Read the CL title, look at the pictures...
Then, and then, and finally I just ignored him

Last week I was selling an organ someone donated to the church, I must have underpriced it because it sold fast and I got lots of responses. Anyway, the organ needed work, so I stated that in the ad. I took photos of it from every angle.

I got a call from a guy asking about the size of the organ, I told him there were photos in the ad and asked if he had seen them, his reply "I'm blind." Ummm...

Last week I was selling an organ someone donated to the church, I must have underpriced it because it sold fast and I got lots of responses. Anyway, the organ needed work, so I stated that in the ad. I took photos of it from every angle.

I got a call from a guy asking about the size of the organ, I told him there were photos in the ad and asked if he had seen them, his reply "I'm blind." Ummm...

Maybe he was hoping that the organ you were selling was an eye. :)
He just wanted to make sure it fit.

Latest posts

Back