Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harley sold its soul to AMF!
At least that's what Dad and his biker budies said...
And you guys that wish you'd had one as a kid..... I was still on a stingray long after all my buds had b.m.x.s. Thank god Dad only supported Schwinn! :) or I'd been on a psuedo hawg.:headbang:

While the AMF ownership of H-D is often seen as a dark time, there is no doubt that they helped Harley survive certain death. By the time this H-D Roadmaster bike was made, AMF had sold off its bicycle division. I was just making an observation that both Harley and Roadmaster were both former subsidiaries of AMF.

While the AMF ownership of H-D is often seen as a dark time, there is no doubt that they helped Harley survive certain death. By the time this H-D Roadmaster bike was made, AMF had sold off its bicycle division. I was just making an observation that both Harley and Roadmaster were both former subsidiaries of AMF.
There were some improvements on the Harley bicycle along the way.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/bik/4269063810.html

The overspray HD bike just showed up in both the ID&Val and Trade sections here on RRB.

The funnier thing is, we have a member?- who owns a restored old schwinn, very similar, but thisguy said he is nowhere near him??? Guy also posted a schwinn runabout, wanting offers!
I'd give a fair price on a repop, but an original is out of my price range, and to Americanna, could never ride it. A repop on the otherhand......

That looks cool, I love the clearance on the front wheel to down tube, very tight light a track bike. Looks heavy though, and they did all that work to build the frame but didn't give it horizontal drops and have to use a chain tensioner? No.

Latest posts

Back