Count me in (Black American)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Black American is in ride able condition. I painted the grey fork black. Now it’s time start adding the fun stuff. I will be taking it out for a Tennessee klunk tomorrow, to see how every thing handles.
klunk004-1.jpg

Thank you blackphantom for posting your fix on a rear brake adapter, I just made basically the same adapter, and now I got rear brakes! And by the way my cruiser looks almost identical to yours before paint, thanks again for the awesome cheap adapter solution, and nice ride you got there!

Slim, that is a very nice job! Looks like I have my work cut out for me. I'm just glad that we have a fix for a bake problem that has existed for a long time.

Best wishes, Blake

good looking bike!
personally i think id ditch the perforated tank plate(not bad looking just looks out of place on a klunker i.m.o.)....but then again my opinion isnt worth anything just ask my wife :wink:

FOUND OBJECTS said:
what size tires are you running?
I was running brandnew Kenda 2.1's ( Thank's Gaskill), but yesterday someone stole the front wheel while it was locked up :( Bummer....... So Im back to the drawing board. Heading up to raid my stash in Northern Michigan's U.P. I should be able to find a suitable replacement there.

blackphantom said:
but yesterday someone stole the front wheel while it was locked up :( Bummer....... So Im back to the drawing board. Heading up to raid my stash in Northern Michigan's U.P. I should be able to find a suitable replacement there.
Wahhh...?!!! :shock: You gotta be kidding!! :x If you're coming up 65 to US 31...I'm not far off the highway... :wink: Doors open!

blackphantom said:
FOUND OBJECTS said:
what size tires are you running?
I was running brandnew Kenda 2.1's ( Thank's Gaskill), but yesterday someone stole the front wheel while it was locked up :( Bummer....... So Im back to the drawing board. Heading up to raid my stash in Northern Michigan's U.P. I should be able to find a suitable replacement there.

thats just ignorant! sorry to here about your luck.

I saw a nice set of 2.7's for cheap on ebay...I don't know how they'd be though.
I might pick up a pair for future klunker build. We'll see.

Currently on the mend after the bike pirates stalled my build during a late night raid. Just got my new kenda 26x2.35, picked up another front wheel out of my N. Michigan stash last week and am in process of installing a 26" HITEN steel front fork the Canadians sent me. I have to get used to locking up the whole bike down here. Stay tuned

up.jpg

Got a lot done today, and the bike is back on the road. It is currently being stored inside due to the looming bike pirates of Tennessee, who are surely lurking in the inky shadows, planning their next attack.

up041.jpg

Latest posts

Back