CORVETTE....NOW WONDER WOMAN BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 50'S CORVETTE...soon to be wife's custom

Got the frame home and started getting the parts installed. She is looking pretty colorful...love it to. Wife likes it so far so thats all that matters really. Tomorrow after going to the Lake...the rest of the parts go on hopefully.

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

That's lookin' really sharp....that will be one cool Corvette! 8)

did some more work tonight. Coming out ok. Just having issues with the tires fitting this bike. I want to use 2.215 ties but they are too big..so i have to go with 1.75's.

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

bon said:
wow, that looks good! :D that paint reminds me of anodized mtb parts. old looks new :D :D

i used Krylon METAL X. That stuff is amazing. The frame was powder coated. That Metal X paint makes the metal really shine under the paint. Gives it that old new swirl look if there is such a thing :eek:

naturephotoboy3 said:
bon said:
an Evel Kneivel Corvette bike, thats what i like to call it! :D
Just got done building my so a Evel Knievel bmx
check it out viewtopic.php?f=21&t=60729

yeah! that's what's on my mind! i saw that before, totally forgot it was yours. :D

there's only one remaining, your own Evel Knievel bike! your child has one, your wife has one.. where's yours??? :D

bon said:
naturephotoboy3 said:
bon said:
Just got done building my so a Evel Knievel bmx
check it out viewtopic.php?f=21&t=60729

yeah! that's what's on my mind! i saw that before, totally forgot it was yours. :D

there's only one remaining, your own Evel Knievel bike! your child has one, your wife has one.. where's yours??? :D

The reason I had to build my wife the corvette was I built my son the Evel Bike..then i built myselt the American flag bike pictured below...so she felt left out..and ya cant leave the wife out right?? :D
IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

bon said:

I will take some new photos of this bike tonight or tomorrow. My wife came up wit the WONDER WOMAN idea the other night. I made a few adjustmets to the paint..now it IS THE WONDER WOMAN BIKE

The newest photos of the finished WONDER WOMAN bike. Added the rack on the back..and some new paint and decals. Also the Head badge is totally different from what i had planned. After struggling with the red and white schwinn badge she looks at me and says..honey..i have an idea. She had this old WONDER WOMAN bracelet from God knows where..she says will this fit?? I cut it down and i'll be darn..it fits around the head tube perfect. Drilled a hole and it mounted with the head badge screw. Anyway..here it is..FINISHED ready for TOUR DE FAT 2012 in the morning.

I know most dont like this kind of build..it aint ratty..and its not COOL..but it was fun to build...and rides nice so far

IMG_12232.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

Latest posts

Back