coppertone paint

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
anyone have the paint code or formula for this(need it to be either dbu or dbc not single stage or lacquer)?
just figured id ask before digging through thousands of paint chips...
thanks

No, but if you find it, post it for the rest of us! :lol: -side note-When I bought my '64 Gretsch 6117 Anniversary, it had a gold pickguard and silver pickup rings. I was a painters helper at the time, and went through the huge sikkens paint chip book, and matched the gold to a 70s Porsche color! I wet sanded the silver off the back sides and painted 'em gold. Later I found out that they were factory gold & silver together. Oh well! -Adam

i know theres some close colors i just didnt want to spend a week going through gold/yellow chip books.....but ill let you know one way or another(my wifes bike has some coppertone paint left on the top of the fork steertube so if worse comes to worse ill have my local paint shop scan the paint and transfer it to formula it and give it to me...but itll be in ppgs formula since thats what i use)

well if anyones interested i had a chance on lunch to dig through our chip books and these should be about right...
*Sorry deleted. Go to your local paint supplier and look through the code books. To many post on the same topic.

Bumping this up for others and for Herman. He requested a flat piece from the Exerciser that I picked up to have it scanned at PPG to work up the paint code. I am sure he will share once they figure it out.

Yes I will gladly share the PPG code once I get the piece being sent to me scanned , should be about a week or a little longer

Unfortunately we could not get a big enough piece that was in good shape to get a scan , PPG needs at least a 3 inch x 3 inch square piece to get an accurate scan.

I found this online?

IMG_4387.jpg

arpicker said:
They can scan the color from anything right? So why not just take a picture of the paint and take them that?
pixles. :wink:
we had a guy that brought in a picture of his truck(rig) and wanted us to match the paint from a picture....i sent him on his way with the knowledge that it wouldnt work but he COULD pay and see how close it would come out!
he opted to wait a month and then bring the truck in.
the codes i posted are close although they will need some tinting to get it close to your specific bike since all are going to have some variance from sun fade,etc. but it shouldnt be hard to get them matched to your bike.

Well, the way the eye, brain, color spectrum and reflective light all work.............
If we see a 'green' object, what we are really seeing is the color of the spectrum, green, being reflected off the object. So, I contend, that in reality the object is absorbing all the other spectrum colors, and thus 'is' every color but the rejected and reflected green. Our collective agreement is that the color 'seen and interpreted ' as green, is green so we call it green.
Just thought I would deepen the waters a bit....... :roll:

Latest posts

Back