1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

commuting 9 miles a day to work + around town,rear bag help

Discussion in 'THE OTHER BIKES' started by banana seat Brian, May 21, 2011.

1. banana seat Brian

banana seat Brian

what I have upgraded- new cane creek SRC-5 levers. used side pull calipers and new pads, seat, handlebar, tires, chain, and other odds and ends...O and it rides like a dream

my question is I ride around 9 miles a day to work and back and around town. at this time I am not bringing much with me but am working on a rear bag.
    I have a rear rack on it now.. whats a better spot for a bag on the side or on the top of the rack?
    [​IMG]
    http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net/cb/flambeau-tackle-stations.aspx?a=386264
    it would fit prefect on the top or side the I only have one and the bag runs around 60 bucks so don't know if I wanna run one bag on one side at this time to keep it balanced I might try to find a matching on on ebay but for now one will be,

so my question bag on the rear top or side and why?

2. Ace

Ace

Depends of the combined weight of bag + load. You want to keep your centre of gravity as low as possible I assume, I would go for the side. Which side depends on the balance when your bike is on its stand. Hope this helps?