Columbia Yard Sale Find - MOVED TO "BUILDS"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way, that's Mister King Rat to you
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Columbia1.jpg

Columbia2.jpg

Columbia4.jpg

Columbia3.jpg

Columbia5.jpg

Columbia6.jpg

Not too knowledgeable on Columbias. Any ideas on year and other info?

Probably gonna be a build for a friend of mine.

Re: Yard Sale For $15.00

Nice find. I love the chainguard, but my favorite part is that tag!
I am going to file that idea away in my brain to try to copy.

Re: Columbia Yard Sale For $15.00. Date?

ChrisMac said:
If I use this as a base for the build for my friend it will end up something like this. Her choice not mine.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43048

I have seen a couple of fabric and decopauge bike around town and they are pretty cool. Just don't cover that beautiful guard with fabric.
I saw one bike that was decopauged with nothing but some old cigarette coupons (Raleigh or Benson & Hedges) it was pretty cool.

Re: Columbia Yard Sale For $15.00. Date?

kingfish254 said:
I have seen a couple of fabric and decopauge bike around town and they are pretty cool. Just don't cover that beautiful guard with fabric. I saw one bike that was decopauged with nothing but some old cigarette coupons (Raleigh or Benson & Hedges) it was pretty cool.

I may keep the guard and swap it out for another if she want it covered as well.

Re: Columbia Yard Sale Find

That is a chain oiler. I don't know on this model, but some for some of the early '60s cruisers it does have some value as a nice option.

Re: Columbia Yard Sale Find

ChrisMac said:
How cool is this? I've never come across one before. Is this common?

OilPort.jpg

Oiler.jpg
Looking good :D They are normal for early 60's Columbia's, my 62' Firebolt has it :wink:

Latest posts

Back