Columbia Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, did it bend below the bracing right at the seat tube? I've got some layback posts like that but I don't use them cuz they cause the seat to ride too high for what I like in a cruiser. Some of the old tioga layback posts had an internal vertical gusset that ran up thru the seat post insertion end and into the bend, might be better.

Like these

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEAT-POST-BIKE-...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I'll have to get one of those posts that socal jack linked to(wanna part with one Jack???). It's just not the same with the straight post :( Here's a picture in the daylight with the new neck, grips and seat post. The other picture is the reflector I picked up at a bike show last weekend. It has allot of deep rust pits all over and two very small rust holes, but it's fixable. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the holes yet but the pits should be no problem with some Lab Metal. Then it will be powdercoated to match the fenders.
IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

Thanks sensor. I glass beaded the reflector mount tonight and it has way more holes in it than were visible before. The Lab Metal is proving to be difficult to work with too. I'm sure I'll get through it but right now it's a pain!

How about a picture without the tank. I think it mite take away from the cool top tube. just an old mans thought. Thanks for all the picts on your build .They help us old guys on our builds. bartleydad

Nice job!

That top tube is really cool.

I noticed you have the reflector housing that is pretty rough. If you're interested.... I have a "never mounted" one in a box here.

I was doing up a Hiawatha a while back, but sold it and that was one of the leftovers.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Kustom Kreator said:
I may be interested in that part. Could you send me PM with a price please?

I don't know how to send photos through PM, so here are a couple... I think if you click the photo, it will take you to webshots and you'll find the rest of them. See note below pictures....

I'll send you a PM with the price..
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Latest posts

Back