1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

Columbia Camel Back with a Bendix 2 speed Manual lever/hub

Discussion in 'FRESH FINDS' started by heyslugger, Jun 22, 2012.

1. heyslugger

heyslugger

This popped up on CL yesterday for $50. He took $37 for it! I only even offered that because I thought I saw a Bendix shift lever in the photo. I don't have much experience or knowledge about these. The one other one I tool off a Schwinn has a Orange/red BENDIX on the coaster brake arm but this one appears to be Blue and red Orange. Is it a different model? Different between schwinn and columbia? I was gonna just snip out the hub because I also thought this was a 24". It's not, Its a full size 26" and has the best patina on any rust bucked I have ever bought! To pull it or not too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kngtmat

kngtmat

Real cool bike, neat find.

3. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

That's a cool bike! :shock: Keep that AS IS and polish it up :wink:

4. Wildcat

Wildcat Pro Member

That serial number makes it a 1954 model. As is all the way! Maybe the original paint will show after a good cleaning.

5. heyslugger

heyslugger

And that is why I love this site! Thanks wildcat for running the numbers!

6. mos6502

mos6502

7. ratina

ratina

Clean her up and ride, cool bike!