• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Columbia 5 Star - trade for another tank bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Columbia 5 Stars that are practically identical bikes, and I would be open to possibly trade this one for another tank bike in similar condition (or possibly better if the right deal could be made). I’m most interested in balloon tire bikes, but I do like most tank bikes in general.

This bike is pretty much totally complete besides the truss rods, but it was in the weather a long time. It has no rust through that I can see, but it has surface putting pretty much all over. I’ve had this one years and I’ve always just kept it as I found and used it as a ratty display piece. It has been out of the weather the 8-9 years I’ve had it. The frame and fenders in good shape, but the fenders are bent up. I’ve fixed worse, but they would need some attention. The chainguard looks like it got hung on something at some point and got bent at the bottom.

I’m just throwing it out in case someone had has multiples of something else that they aren’t in love with or if somebody is looking for this model Columbia. At this point I’m not really interested in parting out, unless somebody wanted to trade a frame and tank for the the frame and tank off the this bike to save shipping.
BB3DE716-A97A-4449-9CE0-62133337B34E.jpeg
73CAB591-44D1-4DBA-ACCB-BCDA5137B61C.jpeg
D9AF44F8-E957-4E67-826F-6F2D520830E5.jpeg
1B832C38-732F-42BE-ADDF-98DFCDCACD4F.jpeg

Last edited:
For full disclosure, the top pictures are older, but the bottom picture was made this last weekend. Nothing has changed since I’ve had it except the tires.

Wish I had something to trade because I've been wanting one of these for a while

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back