coke and chrome

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a heavily modified Micargi frame that I had sitting around.
the only original part left is the tank fill area and the fork tube.
everything else is new.
pic1.jpg

Re: chrome and red

im seriously diggin that fender you got there, you should strap a little engine on that thing it looks like it can take off already

I dig the wrap around fender. Ive done that on my "Beer Bike" but I used bike fenders that I can flex to get the tire inside, then mount the fender/tire together in the frame. The fender you have used don't look like it would flex much, so how do you get the tire in that fender? Or is it just an illusion? Cool bike.
Dangerous Dan

finally I've done some work on the bike and here are some update pics...I have change my mind on a few aspects of the
bike, so it's now going to look a little different from where it first started. I decide to add a replica
horn tank ontop of the frame work already there...but it turned out to be a fair bit of extra work!
I added some width to the frame [top and front area] to meet with the tank halves and when painted will give it
some more shape. which means more smoothing out work! I also had to now clearence the frame area for the
horn to fit into the frame, as I wanted to keep the horn working!
CChorntanktop.jpg

CChorntankfront.jpg

CCtankareaframe.jpg

I've added a 'dummy' tail light that i had lying around. just completed the mounting for it. it's a nice vintage
looking light that has a glass lense [which I will paint red with glass paint] and is made of brass. so I'm going to
sand some of the chrome off of the ring area and expose the brass color. It also has this great stainless wire sleeving
that i just love. I've added a piece to the frame for it to dissapear in.
CCrearlightmount.jpg

personally, I love detail...I just can't help it.
here I've added a piece around the crank area, then drilled some holes for a 'old skool'
race look! i have now also extended the 2 chainguard area top tubes to the seat pole tube.
CCcrankarea.jpg

g kustom kuhl said:
personally, I love detail...I just can't help it.
here I've added a piece around the crank area, then drilled some holes for a 'old skool'
race look! i have now also extended the 2 chainguard area top tubes to the seat pole tube.
CCcrankarea.jpg

That looks sick!! I can't wait to see this done!

thanks for the feedback.
I'm now currently working on the kustom alloy chainguard which I have to make to exact size to
suit the frame bars surrounding the crank area. then I'll have to work out how to mount it without
ruining the look! will post pics when finished.

here's a pic of the kustom alloy chain guard that I built to suit the bike...it will be polished when finished.
now I have to trim it all up to fit and find a neat/clean way to mount it. Also started finishing all the
smoothing of the frame.
CCfrontlowside.jpg

wow that bike is what dreams are made of........ i am lovin the chain guard are you going to drill some holes on the guard to keep with the design??????

I have been pressed for time as I've been asked to exhibit a bike in a art show with the hod rod theme. I've had to work some serious
hours to get this bike finished and forgot/didn't really have time to set it up for more progress shots. So in the
last couple of days I've had to finish off all the bodywork [smoothing off], get everything polished, prime,color the bike
and assemble. I had some 3' wide spoke wheels on the way but they won't make it on time, so I had to use some billet wheels that I had
for another bike. I really don't like rushing such things but really had no choice.
here are the pics of the bike assembled but still in need of some final tweeking!
CCrearside.jpg

CCside.jpg

CCfrontside.jpg

CCrearwheelmount.jpg

I don't even know what to say! :shock: .........Do you do this for a LIVING?........I build bikes on my DECK, outside!.........I'm intimidated just looking at the threads you post!........Your are the MICHEALANGELO of bicycle building!...I'm glad you take the time to post here. Thanks

WOW! :shock: Your bike is truley beautiful, deffinatly an art piece. Great job...Kelly

Latest posts

Back