COCYCO info

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
bought an older schwinn,in candy green yesterday. Has a headbadge that says COCYCO, Schwinn Built,Columbus ohio,American Beauty. It does not have a tank, and tires were replaced. Also aftermarket (wald) fenders. Serial # starts with R64------ on bottom bracket. Any help as to year and model?

DSCI0118.jpg

DSCI0114.jpg

DSCI0112.jpg

you almost got it... dont forget to use the

Bump, anyone else have any ideas? Udall, thanks! Hoping ur wrong, but it is what it is. Anyone know the serial number code?I guess Ill add a chainguard and ride it, not restore it.

I agree with udall. The frame is definitely a "liner" frame and the chainring is Murray under the chainguard. Look for a serial number either on the left dropout, under the bottom bracket, or the headtube. Murray serial numbers usually start out "M.O."

First badge I've ever seen like that. Really neat. I'd get a Schwinn bike to fix up just so I could put the badge on it. Gary

Clancy, the serial number under the bottom bracket starts with R64.
Not sure I want to remove the headbadge. Might damage it. Gonna paint the rims,and ride it.
I saw the same headbadge on ebay go for 65 dollars.Maybe I will remove it and sell it!How do ya go about removing it?Looks like brass peaned rivet?

Voyager Al said:
Clancy, the serial number under the bottom bracket starts with R64.
Not sure I want to remove the headbadge. Might damage it. Gonna paint the rims,and ride it.
I saw the same headbadge on ebay go for 65 dollars.Maybe I will remove it and sell it!How do ya go about removing it?Looks like brass peaned rivet?

Pull the forks and you should be able to push the rivets out from the inside of the head tube.

keep the bike with the headbadge. looks like someone cut off the blade looking thing of the rear stays. it will make people go crazy trying to figure it out

axsepul said:
keep the bike with the headbadge. looks like someone cut off the blade looking thing of the rear stays. it will make people go crazy trying to figure it out

Murray eliminated the pointed drop outs in the late 70s or early 80's. That is probabily from the factory that way.

udallcustombikes said:
axsepul said:

Murray eliminated the pointed drop outs in the late 70s or early 80's. That is probabily from the factory that way.

That is good to know

udallcustombikes said:

I have one dated 11/82 that still has the points. They also went from twin top tubes to a single in the 70s, so I suspect the green one's had some surgery. -Adam

I tore into it yesterday. Has a Sachs Jet rear hub??. Oddball crank,holes on the neck where it HAD a tank bracket. I took off the headbadge, and,low and behold, there was a large 5/16" hole and 2 1/8" holes from an original badge. So,I think Im gonna doan altered wheelbase chopper build on it. I picked up a 100th anniversaary(1977) Columbia sport 3 for my wife, with 24"tires. She wants the headbadge on it. Gotta make mamma happy......

Latest posts

Back