Coca~Cola fat tire build "the carbonated cruiser"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I wanted my next build to have 24x3 fat tires so I found this balloner frame 8) I wasnt sure how i wanted to build it when my kids said they wanted a Coca~Cola bike and i thought why not :idea: so we dicided on red (of course) and we found some decals for the tank and a Coke bottle that will make a great head badge we dont want it to be over the top we are going to build a carier for the rear and have Coke license plates on a box for it I think we have decided to go no fenders and no chain guard right now we are test fitting some parts before powdercoat :D the rear tire does ever so slightly rub so im going to do a little frame spreading today
cokebike001.jpg
cokebike002.jpg

Re: Coca~Cola fat tire build

Since we decided no chain guard the chain and crank will be prominate so i found a black and red chain and this cool sprocket at my local bike shop 8) we decided to go black and red instead of red and white. The kids want to make a headlight out of a Coke can Im not sure how im going to do this yet or mount it
001-5.jpg

Coca~Cola fat tire build

As a fanatic of both bikes and Coke products, I will be watching this closely! I've had a Coke themed bike in mind for a while, but haven't started it yet. I've been trying to decide how to incorporate real glass Coke bottles into the build.

I'll be keeping an eye on this!

Peatbog said:
Great idea on the frame spreader!

+1 Hope you get it done for the Park City Chill show! Can't wait to see it in person. 8) Tank is awesome by the way!

I like th eframe spreader idea. MO FATTA MO BETTA!!!!!

If you want something to go on with the Coke Can headlight, take a look at what I did with my Billy Beer can headlight from my RRB BO#6 entry BEER RUN. Maybe you could find an old steel Coke can on ebay? Just look at the finished product of BEER RUN, you can easily get carried away if you start going down the road or all that you can do with cans. :p

"And lastly, I wrapped up the Billy Beer light. I needed to attached the glass lens to the reflector. I taped the two with scotch tape and then stretch a cross section of tube over the joint. I am pleased how clean it came out."
20110723Photo_03A3932C-F78A-5103-2506-2B951A29F0D3.jpg

20110723Photo_9ADED422-CBBA-B157-E4B5-358D1375E77C.jpg

How straight will the chain line be with the larger rear tire/hub.. Or is the hub roughly the same width.. I was looking at building a very similar ride with my goodyear frame, and the wheel I was looking at from cyclesus.com has a 110mm hub which seems to be a good fit inthe dropouts to me.. I know the frame may need to be spread a bit just like u have done it here.. Just wondering how the straight the chainline runs before I buy the wheel..

Frame is at the powdercoaters right now..the hub I bolted into the frame is the same as is on my rim I only spread the frame in the front so the chain should run the same line..how ever I did not put the chain on the bike yet I suppose it might rub the tire but I'm hopeing not

Nice as always. I like your style on this one. Looking forward to watching it progress. At least your builds actually make progress unlike mine! :lol:

I am collecting parts for a 24X3 build. I have a 3 speed hub and a couple of 24" rims that I need to lace up. Thinking maybe a suicide shifter? Probably gonna wait till the Bike Build Off. Still not sure on which frame, but I have an X53 springer for it.

Latest posts

Back