Clyde "Bombita"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be my first project this year. I had this frame laying around for years now and decided to give it a try.

the basis: PG-Bikes "Clyde" frame. I designed these for PG-Bikes some years ago. About 20 to 30 were built at this time.

380846_2878279645797_1524190840_3810651_1364645451_n.jpg

the inspiration: I'm into "bombas" for years now and always wanted a bike with the lines of a bomba.
38650_473360094017_106405259017_6439057_5284131_n.jpg

the first sketch:
clyde_illu_2.jpg

got a very rare 30s ADLER-sickle-fork:
fork_1.jpg

fork_2.jpg

lets see what I want to do. 8)

- seat tube will be removed,
- BB shell goes in the downtube
- saddel will be mounted a few inches towards the rear to the frame
- forks will be converted into somewhat like a suspension fork
- the skirts and fenders will be molded from fiberglass

so, hier gings mal 'n bischen weiter.

first I got to the fork and tried to add a suspension.

fed_pre_1.jpg

fed_pre_2.jpg

fed_pre_3.jpg

this is just a mockup to get things working - will be changed for something more slick and "original" looking.

SICK!!!!!! That is gonna slick ride! I like the fork 8) :mrgreen:

i actually liked the first design better since i believe that the second one became a little bit "empty" in the middle of the frame, but do as you like and have a great time building it :)

Thanks FatBoy.

Scott, I'm afraid there are no frames available. As I said: only 20-30 were built at that time and I know that 10 of them (that were delivered to Singapore) got trashed when the company down there went out of business. So there are 10-20 left. Five went to McDonalds Germany for a promotion thing; dunno where they are now. I know of four Clyde frames within my friends here in Germany. So chances are really low to get one.

UnDerzon3 - looking at my past projects I know something always changes while building. One can draw as many designs as he wants to - while building and looking at the result it all changes ... we'll see. ;)

Nice design. Love the fork.

I'm with everybody else. That fork blows me away. Super design. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Crank!Basti said:
Thanks FatBoy.

Scott, I'm afraid there are no frames available. As I said: only 20-30 were built at that time and I know that 10 of them (that were delivered to Singapore) got trashed when the company down there went out of business. So there are 10-20 left. Five went to McDonalds Germany for a promotion thing; dunno where they are now. I know of four Clyde frames within my friends here in Germany. So chances are really low to get one.

UnDerzon3 - looking at my past projects I know something always changes while building. One can draw as many designs as he wants to - while building and looking at the result it all changes ... we'll see. ;)
wow they r so cool good luck and enjoy

love it!!!dont you dare ruin that thing with rattle can or powder coat though!!! get a real candy,lace(or taped off design),and flake paint job though....that bomb has a candy job and so should this bike!
so you were the one(i knew at one point you were with them from your posts here but didnt know which ones you did) behind those huh? looking forward to seeing more :mrgreen:

sensor said:
love it!!!dont you dare ruin that thing with rattle can or powder coat though!!! get a real candy,lace(or taped off design),and flake paint job though....that bomb has a candy job and so should this bike!
so you were the one(i knew at one point you were with them from your posts here but didnt know which ones you did) behind those huh? looking forward to seeing more :mrgreen:

Thanks! Yeah, it's gonna get some real candy - for sure. Still have to look for a painter who is able to shot candy over here.

Here are some of the frames I designed. http://www.ungeahnt.de/wordpress/?page_id=43

Thanks for post your link. :shock: 8) You've got quite the imagination and the skills to make it real!
Looking forward to seeing this one come together.

Nothing much new in here - it's freakin cold in my garage - so I guess this is going to be a long build :(.

I planed to get the seat tube out yesterday but didn't have the heart to do it.

But I searched my parts box for some lights I might use.
licht.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't score that light in an ebay auction:
suchscheinwerfer.JPG

so I will build one myself from one of the lights above. A bomba NEEDS a searchlight!

Well at least I changed the tires and mocked up the shifter.
reifen_shifter.jpg

Latest posts

Back