cleveland welding or schwinn??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Have a few pics of a bike sent to me that is up for grabs cheap. Owner says it is a schwinn built bike for a department store but looks like a cleveland welding built bike to me. Sorry pics dont show much but the chainguard and rear drops should tell us something.
bike6.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike1.jpg

bike5.jpg

I am not seeing anything I recognize as Schwinn. That top tub spitting around the seat tube is very distinctive and will be all the clue SOMEONE will need to nail it.

If it is cheap, I'd get it, and try to straighten the forks first, then get a springer if the forks aren't any good.

You said in your first post "cheap". I don't know what that is to you, but I see considerable value in the tank, chainwheel & crank, frame, wheels and seat if you should decide not to resurrect it in it's entirety.

A rule of, hunters of things rusty -GRAB FIRST ask questions later. Yes it would be a gooood idea to NOT pass on that bike..well if the price is right...then pause and throw him an offer. Iff you see some one else coming, put youre hand on it to stake youre claim :shock: :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back