Cleveland Welding Lagniappe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
CE7B862E-A4CC-4824-ABDC-5A9CCC25F523.jpeg
Early 50s CWC with a little extra.
Bike has a nice coat of House paint. I plan to Wet sand till a smooth finish. Whatever color comes out once that finish is achieved is the new color. Change a few parts. Have fun.
Use only parts I have laying around.
Van Bushnell.

Bike has a nice coat of House paint. I plan to Wet sand till a smooth finish. Whatever color comes out once that finish is achieved is the new color.
Perfect plan! :thumbsup:

Disassembly is complete. The Finish on back fender and chainguard came out great super smooth . Few small touch ups to do on frame. I was able to uncover the quality seal decal and save some of it. Has Cleveland Welding Company, Roadmaster, AMF all on same decal Good start these parts are ready to Clear

Now this is awesome! That came out totally cool!

Thank you for the positive feedback
I figured it took someone all day 30 years ago to paint that bike with a brush or roller. I wanted to save their hard work and take it to the next level. I have the forks and front fender left to sand. I Plan to enhance all the character with a little Clear. All my sanding is by touch. I just keep going till I have a even smooth plain. 1500 then 2000. Then finishing sponge. Wet.

My entry is also covered in brush / roller paint. I like the color, and will try to keep it, while trying to match it on my top and straight bar tubes that I added for the TransMIG-RaT-ion.

I may add some rust-ina though, just because that's what I do. :bigsmile:

Your process is bringing out the best in that frame. RaT oN~!

1679E6FD-EC07-48FE-9C34-7165C6A9EBA3.jpeg
CC993199-D2F3-48AF-BABF-140EFB47D545.jpeg
79ABA946-5CFA-44D9-8634-C6D5356C4CB2.jpeg
6C71918F-2869-44BB-A6E1-6DE7BB59C1CD.jpeg
F46BDB60-B84B-45A0-8995-4C385B2A8060.jpeg
Parts update
Looking through my parts stash.
Few changes from OG equipment.
If I use these forks instead of OG I will not use front fender. I Like these wheels. Classic white with pinstripes. Enough character And patina to match the frame. I will have to find back hub and lace. Probably lace front and back with matching heavy duty spokes. Find a way to work in some copper color to match the riveting on the saddle.
No clear yet. Rainy days in Houston.

Latest posts

Back