(Class 2) UNHINGED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm entering a little late in the game, but here I go. I bought this bike a few days ago but haven't had a chance to do any work on it.
I just moved to New York a couple of months ago, so I don't have a good work area and I'm separated from my precious parts bin. :( Oh well, where there's a will there's a way.

It's a 1960's "Porta Bike" Italian folding bike. I love the built-in rear rack and the fire engine red paint, too bad neither are going to be fully intact by the time I'm done! My plans at this point include adding sliding dropouts to the rear, cutting out the rack and fender mount between the stays, and running a 24 out back. Banana seat, apes, the whole deal.

Let me know what you think! If anyone know of any good fabrication shops around NYC please let me know. Gotta bring some style to these streets.

Great bikes,I have 2 of these,I feel like a clown when riding them.:rofl:
They are popular in camping grounds in Austria...
The rear racks are great for holding skateboards etc...
Goodluck.

welcome,depending on budget you could hit up brooklyn machine works for ideas related to folding stuff,I know they are mainly mtb/bmx/urban assault but they sound like they would be down to come up with something different,you never know til you ask

Latest posts

Back