( Class 1 - MBBO#4) TorRed (68 Typhoon) - Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shot!

Luke.
Yeah, great pic and a lot of rat-isfaction from this build!

X3 Awesome pic...great angle on the bike.

20151114_085217-01.jpeg~original

Very cool.:cool2:[emoji106]
Thanks KJV
Great shot!

Luke.
Thanks Luke, I was quite lucky with that one. 10 Second timer, cell phone leaned up against a Gatorade bottle on the ground in the rocks.
Yeah, great pic and a lot of rat-isfaction from this build!
Thanks OddJob very Ratisfying ;-)
X3 Awesome pic...great angle on the bike.

20151114_085217-01.jpeg~original
Thanks Chad. I did pull a couple others, but the saturated b/w was the one I liked best as well. Another I took while trying to set the timer turned out decent... didn't have the plant lined up.

Building... riding...

Very cool shot, the bridge reminds me of one not far from here. It crosses over the old highway.

Nice beefy tire. Did you do anything to that frame? It's got a great weathered look. Awesome rat rod!
I found the frame petina'd like this out on Craig's list. Ive seen numerous desert 60s Schwinns, with the color coats baked off the top of the bar's. I gave another petina'd out 68 Frame I found to rebel56 before he moved.
af6a05ccbd876a55b1101e2a2693006f.jpg

Building... riding...

Big fan of the CST tires. Lots of options and reasonably priced too. Used the Cheyennes on my klunker build last summer, Desert Sky. 26 x 2.4, fat, knobby, and vintage look.....
Thats a sweet looking bike. I'm glad you lile the CSTs, this my first one. CST Cyclops. I had been looking at hookworm for the rear and ran crossed this instead.

Building... riding...

I love muscle bikes that fit an adult.
Me Too! I like to build bikes I can ride.

Today, after riding it up the road, started to hear an intermittent grind in the crank. Opened it up and a couple bearings fell out. Wondered if after I greased the dry if they might need replacing...

Sooo....

I decided to put a set of sealed bearings in.

Added some large bones and a DK Sprocket I got from my friend.

And this is a smooth rider...

It rides even better now. Got a ride planned in the morning. Will be a good test on the 44t gear.

Building... riding...

Cranks look sweet. Love the way the new back tire looks with the rest of the bike. Wish i could go for a ride in the desert. It's freezing here.

I like the CST tires too. I've put CST Operatives on the front of 2 Stingrays. Kind of reminds me of a modernized Schwinn Westwind tire.

5606824.jpg

That crank and ring really fit your build well! Very rat-isfying indeed. :thumbsup:

Love those cranks!

Luke.
Thanks Luke. I took them out riding today. Smooth and quiet on the crank. Here's a closer look at the Primo arms.

The pedals gotta go. One of emergency feels like it is missing a bearing, a little gravely feeling.
Cranks look sweet. Love the way the new back tire looks with the rest of the bike. Wish i could go for a ride in the desert. It's freezing here.

I like the CST tires too. I've put CST Operatives on the front of 2 Stingrays. Kind of reminds me of a modernized Schwinn Westwind tire.

5606824.jpg
I have to wait till about 730am or so on the weekends. A bit nippy, but not freezing. I rode today with a light jacket, under a Levi jacket.
That crank and ring really fit your build well! Very rat-isfying indeed. [emoji106]
I think so too OJ, it adds a nice touch as well. Fits in with the beefy chopper fork.

Today, I am pulling the trans outta the Dart. Throw out bearing issues ..

Bike rides over, gotta get to it.

Building... riding...

Latest posts

Back