(class 1) Banana reset (DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up this rare 1969 Vista "the Banana" mess over the summer, going to do a straight forward resto so this isn't going to set the world on fire. It was missing the correct shifter, and the rare/odd banana seat, i found a nice shifter that will work and tossed a seat on to make sure the Sturmey Archer TCW hub ( which is a unreliable hub) works, it is a three speed that has a built in coaster brake so it is cool to shift but still be able to lay a long patch!! luckily it shifts and brakes fine! Also the front drum brake was mess up good but was able to find parts and it now stops on a dime. Its ready to come apart for this late start.

Last edited:
I love the skid patch behind the photo.
Very cool build!

Interesting lil bike to start with,even the forks have a great look about them...At first I thought it had a basket or rack in the front...

another way cool bike I have never heard of!!!! can't wait to see it done!

Troy

lookin good,if you didn't do a resto I think that patina would be spot on for a wild/slammed build,what in this progress as I do love people that have the patience to do resto's as close as possible to original

Latest posts

Back