Chubby's bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering if anyone else has dealt with Chubby's bikes? I ordered a set of tires a week and a half ago haven't received any notification that they've been shipped. I have tried message them no return answer tried calling and just get a recording. They didn't waste any time taking the money out my bank account .

New team has taken over. From the webpage:

"posted by Management Team on 4/2/2021 to
Dear Customers,

We are writing this letter to announce that ChubbysBikes.com has been acquired via a third party by a new team.

Why the change?

The Coronavirus pandemic took an extensive toll on the previous owners of the business as they were hit personally with the virus and by supply chain issues during the initial outbreak that continued throughout. They have decided it is in the best interest of the customers to step aside and allow a new team to take on the operations of ChubbysBikes.com so that they could focus on assisting previous clients and making sure you received your refunds and/or products.

Waiting for a processed order...what does this mean for you?

Going forward, all orders paid for and pending before 3/22/2021 shall be processed and handled by the previous team who can be reached directly at [email protected] or by phone at 1-844-878-8537. They have committed to handling your inquiries and transactions in a timely manner. With that being said, emailing a single time will likely be your best form of communication as overwhelming them with repeated inquires will cause more of a backlog.

You're waiting for an unprocessed order and what does this mean for you?

We are currently assessing the state of on-hand and soon-to-be-delivered inventory to our suppliers and will attempt to have an updated delivery time for you all by month's end, if this time is delayed we will give you an update directly. Once we know the position of the inventory we will reach out to you to begin processing your orders and only at that time will we process

What you can expect going forward...

The new team has an extensive background in customer service, e-commerce, and business management. We will be spending the next few weeks building out processes to ensure orders are processed in a manner in which you are always "in the know" and not left in the dark at any point in the future when you place an order on ChubbysBikes.com or any of our partner websites.

Thank you!

We understand that there has been some frustration surrounding the brand and we are dedicated to improving the relationship that you have with ChubbysBikes.com. We have launched new social media profiles and will soon be launching groups so that you can chat directly with us and share your love for the outdoors with others in the community! We look forward to learning more about your needs and how we can best fulfill them.

Find us now at the following links:
https://www.facebook.com/TheChubbysBikes/https://twitter.com/TheChubbysBikes/https://www.instagram.com/TheChubbysBikes/https://www.pinterest.com/TheChubbysBikes/_saved/https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN5uyPqc5OWYH_Ea8yYRmMA

Sincerest gratitude,
The New ChubbysBikes.com Team"

Wonder what inspires a person to buy and take over a business with a bad reputation that is also in financial trouble :39:

Customer database is hard to come by and sometimes it’s a good gamble to buy a struggling business and resurrect it. Usually, it’s at pennies on the dollar, particularly with some inventory on hand.

Wonder what inspires a person to buy and take over a business with a bad reputation that is also in financial trouble :39:
It's usually not someone "taking it over". It's usually just a shell game of ownership transfer to duck creditors and disgruntled people longer

It's usually not someone "taking it over". It's usually just a shell game of ownership transfer to duck creditors and disgruntled people longer

There is that aspect, as well.

One thing I remember some retail agreements having was the ability of a supplier or manufacturer to take some or ALL of a retailer’s inventory to pay a debt off, including products they did not provide! Essentially, some retail agreements allowed a bike manufacturer to use the entire store’s assets to be collateral. That is something that is hard to wrap my head around. It makes as much sense to me as financial vehicles that only make money when a segment of the markets fail.

Customer database is hard to come by and sometimes it’s a good gamble to buy a struggling business and resurrect it. Usually, it’s at pennies on the dollar, particularly with some inventory on hand.
Makes sense to buy the customer base and add it to an established brand with a good or neutral rep.

Keeping a brand with a bad rep and trying to turn it around can be a real uphill battle.

Makes sense to buy the customer base and add it to an established brand with a good or neutral rep.

Keeping a brand with a bad rep and trying to turn it around can be a real uphill battle.

I knew a guy who bought failing businesses. 3/4 didn’t make it, but he always got enough out of it to break even, if not profit. A lot of times it was selling the inventory, but occasionally, he saw one worth saving.

There can be many motivations for why one buys a failing business. It is a huge risk. If this business bounces back, the person/people who bought it will be seen as geniuses.

With bikes being sold out lately, that was probably a factor in getting financial support for a buyout of a failing business, unless they put up their own cash. Having the business already established saves money too. Financial bean counters run all the numbers and do risk assessment. If it meets the minimum level, they go for it. If bikes keep flying off the shelves then it'll work.
If I was a young guy just starting out, I would try to find a old bike factory and make a new brand of American bikes. Like Worksman bikes only not as industrial and make them stylish and affordable. Adult sized chopper for $399. I would try to get financing by showing the number of bikes sold this last year.

They had two brands years ago, Summit and Patria. Today it's just bike tires, I have a set on one of my wheelsets. LEO Tire.
Bollweevil (from BO11) used this Summit frame.
24467_024f61db3d49fa8d57d54c1c6ffe2af5 - Copy.jpg

24907_b516f5f045f1e6959d61fe9c4cdfe0d3.jpg

They would still have tough competition from China even though labor is cheap here. If they do make a bike here I'll be the first to buy one.

Totally frustrated now having trouble finding any cream 26x2.125 tires have tried to order from couple different vendors only to have them send a refund telling me they are out of stock. Confused with a set I was able to order first it said 26x2.0 then says further down 2.2 . They are the continental ride cruiser tires I hope they fit cause I barely had room for the 2.125. Anyone have these tires?

Latest posts

Back