Chrome 20" rim and slick

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Two things for you on this:

1. For a Schwinn Fair Lady, the frame may not accept a larger rim and tire. A 2.125 rear tire may not fit in the frame, or under the fender. I would stick with the stock size to be safe.

2. Although the stock size would be best, you *may* be able to get away with the Duro slicks in 2.125, I think those are a little smaller than the vintage 20 x 2.125 slicks.

3. Finally, you might be able to score a rim and or wheel from your local bike shop just as cheap. The stuff that seller sells is typically from J&B Importers, and you might be able to get the same locally and avoid the shipping. Not sure of the local pricing, but then you could at least see the rim and try it in the frame.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
I have a fair lady frame. I checked it out with an s2 sized rim and a duro slick. It does fit. Like Rob said the Duro slick is narrower than it says. It actually measures more like a 20x1.75. I didn't try to see if a vintage sized 20x2.125 would fit, but I can if you like. Hope that helps some.
Those tires are about $20 at my local shop. Definitely check your LBS, buy it there so you still have an LBS to go to in the future. Plus you don't have to wait for the postman.

Crash, were you running a fender or not? Mine fit in fine, but it does not have fenders on it. I forgot to mention that.

I have a fender. I think all stock FL's came with fenders.
I just have a ratty fl frame hanging up for restomod one of the days. It's all stripped down. I have all the parts, just not attached to the bike.
Sorry to cloudy up the waters.

Year for year, a FairLady 3 speed frame and a Slik Chik 3 speed frame are the same Schwinn part #. The same goes for a coaster frame versus coaster frame, they have identical part #s. The Slik Chik uses an S2 rear rim with a 2.125 slick tire. The only difference is the Slik Chik also uses the fender designed to fit the S2 wheel and tire. Your FairLady has an S7 rear fender. If you change the fender, even the older regular size 2.125 slick will fit. These facts can be found on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Year for year, a FairLady 3 speed frame and a Slik Chik 3 speed frame are the same Schwinn part #. The same goes for a coaster frame versus coaster frame, they have identical part #s. The Slik Chik uses an S2 rear rim with a 2.125 slick tire. The only difference is the Slik Chik also uses the fender designed to fit the S2 wheel and tire. Your FairLady has an S7 rear fender. If you change the fender, even the older regular size 2.125 slick will fit. These facts can be found on the internet.

Thanks !!

Bought a chrome rim from the local bike shop. Had to order the duro slick. It looks great

2bc44aabc82a0963f3c606e9cfbf2592.jpg
6561b05b9818bbc19591dfa3ee57bd58.jpg
6b33a36ff4b11ca89ebbed2f6b82ca27.jpg

Latest posts

Back