Christmas Giveaway Contest! Guess how much scrap metal...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Merry Christmas everyone! A couple night ago I got a pile of bikes on my trailer. Yesterday I pulled them off, stripped off the parts needed to fix up other bikes for some kids, and then put the unwanted stuff back on the trailer to scrap for a little cash. I also added some stuff I had laying around (you know, as long as I'm making the effort).

I have NO IDEA how much this is going to weigh and I've been doing maths in my head of "average" bike weights and stuff, but I don't even know how many bikes are on the trailer. So I thought, I wonder if anyone could GUESS how much weight is on it...

Here's the contest. (ends tonight 12/20/13)

Based on this photo alone (2 of my children in the photo for scale) how much weight do you think is on the trailer? (in pounds)
33741FFA-49AC-4277-B8F2-1C6662002582.jpg

If you guess correctly I will buy and have a Park Tool BO-3 Mini Bottle Opener shipped to you house.
BO_3.jpg

Here are the rules:
-only 1 guess per person in 1 post. The post CANNOT be edited
-this is for only people in continental US, so that I can ship it for free (sorry all others, wish my pockets were deeper)
-I will not reveal results until at least 20 people have guessed a weight
-It is your responsibility to make sure you do not guess a weight that has already been posted, first person with the weight is the one that counts

Finally, this is my contest, so I have the final say on everything, so no whining, this is all for fun and at most a $5 bottle opener. Thank you.

Last edited:
At the conclusion of the contest I will show a copy of the scrap yard receipt. If you don't know the process here is how it works.

I will pull the trailer to the scrap yard and drive onto their scale. They record the weight of everything, my car, trailer, scrap, everything. Then I drive into the yard and remove everything from the trailer (sometimes they take it off for me with a big claw). Then I drive back across the trailer, they weigh again and subtract the 2nd weight from the first to know how much was left in the yard.

You are only guessing the weight of the scrap, not my trailer, car, me, etc... o_O

Ok, so I am not in the US, so therefore not eligible, but if I win I would like you to keep the bottle opener for yourself!

I think all the guesses so far are over, I am going 308 pounds...

Luke.

I am going to make a "closed guess" before I carry the load, and will reveal it at the end of the auction to show if I was even close. This will only be the 3rd time I've taken a load of scrap, so I'm really bad at this as I was WAY off the first time.

I think that's 12 guesses, so we are more than half way to making this contest valid. I'm actually going to try to take the scrap to the yard today, I have to drive about 20 miles round trip, so it better pay for at least a couple gallons of gas!

Latest posts

Back