Cheers from Berlin, Germany

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I was reading a lot in this forum, enjoying all the amazing builds, tipps and tricks...and I love to see American Vintage Bikes, so different from what we have in Europe. But also I love to see how people all over the world have the same passion for building cruisers, rat bikes, custom bikes or what ever!

Here my Rat Rod Cruiser, "boardtracker" frame, rust conserved wit linseed oil, a fork from a 50s motorbike, wheels and fenders from an old swedish military Kronan...rat rod understatement!

7094303139_e2b22c555e_c.jpg
6948233020_644c6fbdc5_c.jpg
6948230734_27ce32488e_c.jpg
6948230206_776f757bc0_c.jpg

Okay...you pretty much nailed it with that bike.

That my friend is a true Rat Rod Bike. :wink:

It actually looks almost like a scale model. :shock:

Rat Rod said:

You're not allowed to talk about that! :shock: :mrgreen:

Amazing bike, is the fork heavy? (preparing to convert kilograms into pounds)

Greetings from South Carolina!

Nice bike. Those forks are nasty. I love'em.

Is the frame and other parts rusted or are the parts painted like that? Because either way, it suits the bike VERY well.

yoothgeye said:
Rat Rod said:

You're not allowed to talk about that! :shock: :mrgreen:

Amazing bike, is the fork heavy? (preparing to convert kilograms into pounds)

:D

You don't have to convert...I cant tell you the exact weight. But yes, it is heavy!
I did not care so much about weight, it is quite flat where I live...and once the baby is on speed she is unstoppable ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

1968longboy said:
Greetings from South Carolina!

Nice bike. Those forks are nasty. I love'em.

Is the frame and other parts rusted or are the parts painted like that? Because either way, it suits the bike VERY well.

Hi to South Carolina, cool you like my bike!
All rust on the bike is real and conserved wit cooked linseed oil. That works pretty well!

Crank!Basti said:
Nice ride indeed! I always love to see one of "my" frames built up - and this one was done just right.

Hi Basti, the frame is just awesome! Got it from you more than a year ago and enjoy riding it since then :D

Very nice.....very nice.....welcome!

phusion x said:
oil, rags, and linseed dont mix well. great pic colors and cool bike

You are absolutely right with the rags! ...I always put them into water after I used them, so they don't start burning.

and great you like my photos! and the bike.

Latest posts

Back