"CHANGE OF PLANS" new frame UPDATE 7-30

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipton

Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Count me in. First build off for me. Going with a green house painted Elgin.not sure what year. all the skip tooth
stuff long gone. I have girls fender,chaingaurd,and skrits more pics to come. Hope to keep this one simple, and low cost :shock:
Elrat001.jpg

Elrat003.jpg

Can't wait to see what every one comes up with.
Hope the name has not been used before could not think of one better
Thanks Skip

Re: Elrat update 5-17

OH boy! almost three weeks in and nothing done on bike :shock:
I have been getting some parts together
Planning on using a 3 speed rear hub
Elrat017.jpg

New seat
Elrat015.jpg

went to swap meet in Elgin today got this light. might just work out
Elrat018.jpg

Elrat032.jpg

Tonight I went downstairs to mockup fender skirts not much went right. frist If the chainguard is on the bike.bike work stand clamp
can not go on the down tube :? (never liked that work stand) I will have to figure out a different work stand. :shock:
Then the screws I have to attach the skirts to the fender are to big! oops so here is a pic with green zip ties for mockup.
LOL
Elrat036.jpg

OK now for the good news I have rims and front hub. I got rattle can paint in the suburbs(cant buy spray paint in Chicago) today. let me just say It will be a two color paint job very bright! I think it will look good.hope to update more often.
All the RRBO entries are looking great!
Thanks Skip

Why cant you buy spraypaint in Chicago? Graffiti?

Off the hook and look'in good...keep your ideas flow'in!...Pappy 8)

sensor said:
dumpster_diver said:
Why cant you buy spraypaint in Chicago? Graffiti?
thats exactly why
Ohhh, I guess I will be the next Al Capone and start selling inner city kids and thugs spraypaint....opening up a speak-easy hardware stores for just the occasion...LOL

Crazy about the paint. Looks good with the parts. The lights definately are cool on the front rack.

Re: Elrat update 5-19

Great day with the build today
Took the skirts with me to the mom and pop hardware store today. Could not find a screw that would thread on to the nuts on the skirts. So the old man that runs the store re-threaded them for me also he offered to drill out rivets on fender that hold the drop stand-holder and fender brace on. All of that work plus screws,nuts and a bag of steelwool cost? $7.37
fender009.jpg

fender012.jpg

fender011.jpg

took the bike outside today used my hillbilly work "stand" inside my hillbilly "Garage"
fender013.jpg

chainguard and fender skirt
fender016.jpg

Left side
fender019.jpg

put the drop-stand and a wheel and tire on to check and see how everything fits
fender024.jpg

Since the skirts are from a girls bike had to drill a hole in the drop out for the third screw
fender026.jpg

fender027.jpg

fender025.jpg

back on the ground with drop-stand
fender030.jpg

fender032.jpg

fender023.jpg

Today was lots of fun more to come
Thanks Skip

Re: ELRAT FENDER SKIRT update 5-19

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Latest posts

Back