Carolina MotoBike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been occupied rebuilding a motor for someone, but that is finished now so i can get back to work. I've made a little more progress on the tank. This should work much better than using the whole thing as a tank.
motobiketank1.jpg

Here is the seat I plan on using. It has a real cool double hairpin spring in the front and twisted coil springs in the back. The leather cover needs a little work.
motobikeseat1.jpg

Here is the whole bike as it sits. I won't be using the riser stem, and I probably wont used these bars either.
motobikeseat5.jpg

I had the rear frame section from a huffy MTB laying around. Might as well put it to good use.
DSCF3918.jpg

It becomes a drop stand and fork trusses. The bottom will be flat stock.
motostand.jpg

Very nice bike man! i am wating for the pictures of the end of your work! cheers from Argentina.

I finished the drop stand and got the top of the tank cut out. Progress has been slow, but its been too hot to work much during the day and I can't go running the grinder all night. The tires are just for mock up, I'll be running bigger tires for sure.
motobiketanks.jpg

motobikecrank1.jpg

Dug this thread out I want to see more! I want to see how you are going to use the pulley suicide lever as a clutch.

I just discovered the Villiers engines last night. Very cool little engines and motorcycles.

I haven't messed with this lately since I've been busy but here is how my clutch and drive will be set up.

Motorbikedrive.jpg

This is the same system used on most early belt drive motorcycles.

Very nice! I like your layout. The frame seems longer than typical, which is good as it will help be more stable at speed. I like your tank within a tank idea. It will save a lot of work. Try to imagine your farthest trek in the bike and make sure you have enough fuel to do it.

I really like your build. I would like to ask you, what is the wheel base of your bike? If you could get the measurement from the front axle to the back axle, I would greatly appreciate it.

Gilbert

The wheelbase measures 55 inches axle to axle. That is consistent with most motorcycles of the period. With the weather warming up I hope to get started working on this bike again.

This is gonna be cool, and with that much gas you'll be able to ride for miles before re-fueling. motor looks like it'll be pretty good on gas.

You know you've gave me a idea, I'm bidding on a briggs wmb on the epay and your frame design looks like a good home for it! :lol:

I like the front brake hub wheel. What will you do for a rear brake, just the coaster? Check out the mopedland site in England, they may have spares for Villiers. Also go onto mabecane.com, it is site mostly for Motobecane mopeds but great crew- has a big Canadian and European following and they would suggest parts sources and even send you a manual if they have one.

Latest posts

Back