Canton Texas Trade Days

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a link to my photobucket from my trip to Canton today. http://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae91 ... de%20Days/

Here is the one that I kinda felt like it got away. I thought about it all the way home 150 miles.
f4ba76b9.jpg

If you drove all the way to Canton and the best thing you came up with was
an old Schwinn then your in trouble. Should have bought a truck load of Antiques.
If that bike lit your fire you should PM ind-chuckz. He probably has several laying around
just like that at any given time. Plus he is reasonable on his prices and shipping. :wink:

I remember going to Canton last year and only saw 2 or 3 bikes that were all priced high.

I also remember hearing people say "American Pickers" about 15 times as I walked around that day...ha ha. :lol:

I went on Friday and there were about 10 more bikes that you didn't get pics of.
Next month I'll take my camera and get some pics of all the bikes.
There was a really cool Colson looptail girls tank bike for $125.
Trying to thin my horde right now or it probably would have came home with me. :D

Uncle, I did chat with ind-chuckz a couple weeks ago and he was kind enough to offer me some additional parts that he didn't list on one of his frames. It was a HD but it was not an electro-forged frame like I wanted.

Rat-Rod, I was actually thinking on the way over there that I would have to negociate with someone based on American Pickers prices or ebay BIN prices. However, the bikes I saw were reasonable.

ntw, I had fun taking pics. I only had my iPhone 3GS but I still enjoy it. I would take my Nikon dslr but the craft venders throw a fit about photos.

Uncle Stretch said:
If you drove all the way to Canton and the best thing you came up with was
an old Schwinn then your in trouble. Should have bought a truck load of Antiques. :wink:

Ha, I'll admit I really want another antique bike right now and I wouldn't mind another camera or frisbee but that's about it. I have owned a few truckloads of antiques before but I'm done. I could list my current antiques inside a matchbook, on the top flap. :mrgreen:

flatflip said:
I would take my Nikon dslr but the craft venders throw a fit about photos.

In a public place? Are they Amish or something? :roll: I always tell people like that...It's called "TAKING pictures"...not "asking for pictures". :p Gary

B607 said:
flatflip said:
I would take my Nikon dslr but the craft venders throw a fit about photos.

In a public place? Are they Amish or something? :roll: I always tell people like that...It's called "TAKING pictures"...not "asking for pictures". :p Gary

LOL, that's a good one! Mick

It is a public venue, and no one can stop you from taking pictures in public, (except for security risk areas, or cops that may or may not know the rules). Generally if people are involved, I ask permission as a courtesy if they are not just part of a crowd.

Craft vendors do not like people "stealing" their design ideas, even including how they display the items. They get kind of "itchy" when they see cameras. I may be wrong, but I think that the Canton Trades Days, or parts of it, may be privately owned and/or operated, and if that's the case, they are within their rights to restrict photography.

(This is a constant topic of discussion on photography boards) :D

It is a public venue, and no one can stop you from taking pictures in public, (except for security risk areas, or cops that may or may not know the rules).

Try walking in the Alamo and snapping one. Its owned by the public....well the government public :(

Uncle Stretch said:
It is a public venue, and no one can stop you from taking pictures in public, (except for security risk areas, or cops that may or may not know the rules).

Try walking in the Alamo and snapping one. Its owned by the public....well the government public :(

So true Uncle Stretch. Enforcement does not always follow the rule exactly. I should have worded it differently, instead of "no one can stop you", it really is "no one has the right to stop you". :)

Rat Rod, cool, wonder what the "picker price" is on those tags?? :D

I think my Mom said he had the Phantom listed at $1200.

I'm no Phantom expert so I couldn't tell you if it was all correct or not by looking at it.

Rat Rod said:
I'm no Phantom expert so I couldn't tell you if it was all correct or not by looking at it.

Pedals, bars, and springer are not original. And those knobbies... :roll: Gary

Yeah, I was there last October and saw and old Girl Monarch for $800, and it looked like the condition of that second bike. I about yelled this is not American pickers

Fahrrad said:
Yeah, I was there last October and saw and old Girl Monarch for $800, and it looked like the condition of that second bike. I about yelled this is not American pickers

That's picker's retail. "I got these three bikes for $1500 and I'm gonna double that".

Latest posts

Back