Can't find a comfortable seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was the 1st result when I Google search "comfortable bike seat".

This is probably the largest bike seat I have ever seen.

View attachment 154457
View attachment 154458
View attachment 154459

They put it on a fixie...
View attachment 154460

Funny Exercise
View attachment 154461
200 (3).gif

Bikeroo bike seat will prevent the rider from experiencing numbness or other health problems after the ride. The saddle mount is designed to fit any standard bike post. Memory foam provides comfort and protection to the sit bones and the lower back.

Brooks now makes non leather seats. I know you said no brooks but it’s the only seat that doesn’t hurt my fat tucchas.
If you’ve been riding since the 60’s I doubt there isn’t anything you haven’t tried.
time to invent something cool and make a billion dollars.

Bikeroo bike seat will prevent the rider from experiencing numbness or other health problems after the ride. The saddle mount is designed to fit any standard bike post. Memory foam provides comfort and protection to the sit bones and the lower back.
Fascinating.........

IMG_0456.jpg

As I aged two things appeared that changed my diamond frame bicycle seats. First was a severe bout of prostatitis brought on by the horn of my then bicycle seats. Second was saddle sores brought on by old tired skin being abused by overweight. I got rid of the nosed saddles and tried several different brands of noseless saddles. They solved the prostatitis issue but I still had saddle sores. I then tried the Spiderflex saddle. As you can see it has two cutouts where your sitz bones rest on the saddle. The cutouts redistribute your weight into a much bigger patch of skin circling the cutouts. This gets rid of the point pressure of the sitz bones on one little patch of overworked skin. This saddle is terrific compared to all the rest I've tried. To top it off it is equipped with about 20mm of travel suspension and is quite comfortable on dirt roads. This saddle won't be for everyone and my lesson from all this is keep trying different solutions to your pain issues. The Spiderflex was not a saddle on my radar when I first started trying to fix my saddle issues. I just kept an open mind, and pocketbook, until I found a useful answer. A final note about recumbent seats. None of my Rans and Ryan recumbents ever hurt my back or butt. Just another idea. Good Luck.

These may be an option.
Riding position and a suspension seat post go a long way as well.

I grew up riding a uni. I ride standing most of the time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029-082826_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211029-082826_Chrome.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 17
I'm going to suggest seat angle, as you're going to point the nose down more than you think!
I noticed as my weight came down from 247 to 185 the beach cruiser seats hurt the bottom of my cheeks where the leg meets derriere...
Gender specific seats, never a unsex unless it's bmx.

Latest posts

Back