can someone please id this tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought this tank for my bike and it doesnt fit. Can anyone id this so I can try to resell it for the correct bike thanks in advance.

Poorman

I bought this tank for my bike and it doesnt fit. Can anyone id this so I can try to resell it for the correct bike thanks in advance.

Poorman

It must be for the uber rare 1957 "Invisible Man" bike, because we can't see the picture. :)

Such suspense, poor guy. Perhaps, while figuring-out how to post pictures, the original poster might also describe the tank, and the bicycle which it did not fit - (but a picture is still a must). Tanks in advance.

Yeah sorry guys still trying to figure out how to post pics, I did it before but now its not working. Anyway the tank is about 17 inches long the back goes around the seat tube, the front would go around the neck of the frame the front has a tab spot welded holding both sides together. That tab also has a hole in the middle. The frame I am trying to get a tank for is a 1964 huffy middleweight. I am still trying to get the pics loaded. Thanks again

Poorman

Still not working maybe I can email pics to someone to post for me. Sorry if that is against the rules.

Poorman

Sounds like an unusual tank. I'm looking forward to seeing it. But, in the meantime, for your 64 Huffy, this is the kind of tank that you probably are looking for:

9841351f1a3b99aaf97dec1496d8e8b8.jpg

Sounds like an unusual tank. I'm looking forward to seeing it. But, in the meantime, for your 64 Huffy, this is the kind of tank that you probably are looking for:

9841351f1a3b99aaf97dec1496d8e8b8.jpg

Thanks for that pic Wildcat. Now I know what style tank I need.

Poorman

Yeah, that is what they called a Convertible tank. It wasn't designed for any specific bike. Just used to convert a girls frame to a boys.

00J0J_42wIzI62rV4_600x450.jpg

I've never seen them on anything but kid's sidewalk bikes. I think a bigger bike would have had problems with the frame bending since there was no toptube, just the tank bolted in. Ross convertible bikes had 2 down tubes like a regular girl's bike, but the other common brand, AMF, didn't. So the Ross bikes just used the tank as an add on, you could tell it was also a girl's bike. I've never seen a convertible tank used on a 24" or bigger bike, only 16" and 20" bikes. AMF also had drilled holes in the frame for mounting, so that's what yours probably is. It's in very good condition, so it was probably never used. A nice tank to display, but probably no one looking for one, unless they have one of those bikes.

Latest posts

Back