Can some of you add your location to your profile?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd like to appeal to all of you to update your profile and add your location. I understand that some people like to leave this blank for security reasons, but I think some people just never took the time to put a location in. I like to know where people are when I'm typing to them. If you're still worried about security how about just putting a state... or even which coast you're on.

If you don't know how:

1. click on "User Control Panel" (top left of the page just below "Board Index"

2. click the profile tab

3. add a location, be as specific or vague as you want, even "none of your business" if this post makes you angry

4. click submit at the bottom of the page

That's it, then I don't feel like I'm talking to a troll while responding to you.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!

Thanks guys, I say just copy the link to this thread and paste it in as replies to members who have no location listed.

Peatbog said:
Hey, why is there a little blue dot in the upper left hand corner of some posts?

Is this some bizarre mark that will have us all collected and sent away to a labor camp in the deepest Siberian forests?

I never noticed that, but after poking around a bit, I think it may indicate who is online or not. Of course you can disable that feature if you want to be sneaky.

clamdigger said:
Worth repeating every once in awhile. What bums me a little is that this is the world wide web and looks to be majority USA represented.

I don't know man, back in the day I thought the Canucks were moving in for a while there, thought I was going to have to learn french :lol:

I don't start enough junk here to worry about location security. I think some people are afraid another member will come to their city and go around asking for them all over town by user name. I like knowing the locations because a lot of times you may have lived in the same city and can relate to the person through certain landmarks or events, and it makes for some enjoyable chatter.

Glad so many of you are on board, I could understand some vendors being vague or if we had anyone "high profile" around here, but I'm pretty sure based on the information I have that I could show up at Steve's door one day. haha I'm more worried about a local crack head stealing my bikes or creeping around my place than anyone tracking me down online.

I say just PM people if you see them being pretty active in one of your threads, they probably just don't even know how to fix it.

Here's a good example of how to be vague:

Location: 538 Franklin St. Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870 (too specific)

Location: Roanoke Rapids, NC (better, 16,000 people in town, good luck finding me)

Location: 27870 (the people who know the zip will recognize, but this will cause others to do some work to find me)

Location: Eastern NC (pretty secure, this is very vague, but still separates me from the Central and Western NC guys)

Location: North Carolina (if you are concerned at all about security, this is the best option, don't use last name and you're set)

Location: East Coast (Florida to Maine, good luck finding me)

I've had my location here since day one and most guys on here I wouldn't mind if they did stop by, I'd probably sell them something. :D So if you're ever in Kokomo, In throw me a PM and come see the stash. :mrgreen:

Kokomo is a town of 57,000 people so good luck finding me unless I want you to. However if you ask anybody about the "Bicycle guy" They will direct you here or one of my friend's places.

CCR said:
clamdigger said:
Worth repeating every once in awhile. What bums me a little is that this is the world wide web and looks to be majority USA represented.

I don't know man, back in the day I thought the Canucks were moving in for a while there, thought I was going to have to learn french :lol:

That was the Maple Ridge B.C. Gang.

The offending parties aren't coming to us, it's time we go to them. Get guerilla on them and start DEMANDING that they update their profile. Time to start lurking on the INTRO forum.

maybe hes a part of a secret society of people that wants us to put or location so they can come steal all of or bikes :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<here you go (cocks a shot gun :| 8) ) just in case.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Peatbog said:
yoothgeye said:

I wanted to be a punk, so I took my location back off.

Yes, you are a punk now... NOW FIX IT!!! (Ohio everyone)

gato'sbikes said:
maybe hes a part of a secret society of people that wants us to put or location so they can come steal all of or bikes :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<here you go (cocks a shot gun :| 8) ) just in case.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That's my think, anyone with just a little internet savvy can find my house, but finding your way past the bullets... that's a different story.

dang! i never realized i didnt have my local in my sig.
i fixed it, but im still punk 8)

Latest posts

Back