Can I get some opinions please...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah those rims are non-matching ugly, no idea where they come from rims. Actually on the bike when I got it. Im trying to decide whether to put new aluminum or steel wheels and tires.

I love the way new parts look on a patina frame. And the rear hub...shot. no bueno, muerta. dead.junk. garbage. trash...and yet, with all the talent here,I know SOMEONE could pull a Dr. Frankenstein on it and bring it back to life.

Start a thread in the build off. Show your work. Note any unusual or different techniques you used. The guys that tick us off are the ones who post a finished bike the day before it ends. That's not community. But we are.

GC.

Im already there bro! Had to take a hiatus tho thanks to the USPS. But I will be back as soon as I get my headset and forks.

Yeah those rims are non-matching ugly, no idea where they come from rims. Actually on the bike when I got it. Im trying to decide whether to put new aluminum or steel wheels and tires.
In the past, I went to alloy wheels from the standard steel rims, copper 57mm from 3g. The lighter weight sure made a difference in the ride.
Before and after:
20064_a42e20ada2683e742298ab289757bebe.jpg

20062_5a0f2da825aba198346014d5d9fac77d.jpg

still waiting for parts and I'm pissed. Bike Bling sends me a black Brooks saddle instead of a brown one. Forks still not here...7 days shipped from Jacksonville to Sarasota and still no forks. Thats like 300 miles. ...???

meanwhile, my bike is here clamped to the stand and I cant move forward. No headset, no forks, wrong seat...

still waiting for parts and I'm pissed. Bike Bling sends me a black Brooks saddle instead of a brown one. Forks still not here...7 days shipped from Jacksonville to Sarasota and still no forks. Thats like 300 miles. ...???
I think quite a few of us are dealing with slow shipments.

Last edited:
its like when I was a kid I had a friend who got a brand new webco for Christmas...but apparently his parents were some small level masochists because they gave it to him like 2 WEEKS early, but they told him he could not ride it until Christmas Day, and if he did, they would take it away and he would not get it at all. He had to stare at it for 2 weeks. Thats torture for a 12 year old kid. Now I know how he felt.:20:

Latest posts

Back