Can I get some opinions please...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I stated in my introduction thread, I am new to forums, so I do not know if I am posting the correct way as far as in the right place, etc. If not, my apologies. If I am not, please feel free to direct me. It will be appreciated. As far as the opinions I seek...Im thinking about joining the build off, but I want to know if it would be insulting or in bad taste or just defeating the purpose to enter a bike using brand new parts, with the exception of a 1952 Schwinn Excelsior frame. Its not my first build, but it is however, my first build using all new stuff. So far I have done a custom Kandi paint job on the frame and Im ready to start assembling very soon. My plan was to build a very personal "luxury" cruiser for myself, sparing little expense. Heck...maybe "luxury" could even be a new class in a future build off??
Anyway, I just joined a couple of days ago and saw the build off invite and thought Id ask.I just finished the paint last week. I have a strandie, a 1980 cruiser 5, an unrestored 54 Corvette 3 speed, and an unrestored 60 Corvette coaster, so this build is pretty different for me. Anyway, thanks in advance!

Your description meets the criteria of a build. You could have a brand new frame also, if you used it to make a bike different from what it was made as. If you modify the frame, then class two might be better, but it sounds like a normal class one build. Some new parts are usually needed for any build. I wanted a daily rider, so I added a bunch of new parts, drivetrain, forks and fenders to my 42 Hawthorne. I kept the skiptooth and other old parts for another project.
fullfender.JPG

jeez...sorry about the multiple pics...I didn't realize the pics were stacking up when I hit full image.

The black 3 speed is for sale. I will be posting it in the swap meet section as soon as I figure out how. Y'all think $350 + shipping is a fair price?

As far as vettes go, I really like the little green one. So simple, no frills. I guess I have a soft spot for the runts of the litter.

Build what you like. The only problem I see you might have is, you have already started by painting the bike. But then again you are joining almost a month into the build. If it was up to me, you're in.

Well technically, I started the paintwork after the buildoff started. Thanks for the input. So far all positive responses...guess im in!

Green bike with pinstriped patina looks great just like it is. Too bad there's fresh white paint on the front rim.

Latest posts

Back