Cable Hold/Tie Down

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody got a bright idea of a nice clean way to tie down a cable to a frame that has no cable hooks or clevis' (or whatever they are)? I really really do not want to use zip ties but I need some way to hold my shifter cable to my frame. Any suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks 8)

Scooter3 said:
Anybody got a bright idea of a nice clean way to tie down a cable to a frame that has no cable hooks or clevis' (or whatever they are)? I really really do not want to use zip ties but I need some way to hold my shifter cable to my frame. Any suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks 8)

Some older bikes (normally road bikes) had little chrome "clips" that circled the frame and had a hump in them to guide the cables. Then I saw the other night that SE sells them, I'm sure others do as well:

http://shop.advancedsports.com/SE_WING_CLIP_p/8714.htm

if a little welding's ok, i've used roll pins a few times. not sure of the size to say, but there's one that bike cable fits right thought like it was made for it.

Latest posts

Back