1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Cable Hold/Tie Down

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by Scooter3, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Scooter3

Scooter3

Anybody got a bright idea of a nice clean way to tie down a cable to a frame that has no cable hooks or clevis' (or whatever they are)? I really really do not want to use zip ties but I need some way to hold my shifter cable to my frame. Any suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks 8)

2. yoothgeye

yoothgeye I <3 Single Speeds Moderator

Some older bikes (normally road bikes) had little chrome "clips" that circled the frame and had a hump in them to guide the cables. Then I saw the other night that SE sells them, I'm sure others do as well:

http://shop.advancedsports.com/SE_WING_CLIP_p/8714.htm

3. cman

cman Moderator

4. Philphine

Philphine

if a little welding's ok, i've used roll pins a few times. not sure of the size to say, but there's one that bike cable fits right thought like it was made for it.

5. deorman

deorman