Burley trailer conversion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get a bunch of trailers at the local coop. Most were flooded in the epic flood of 2008 here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Some were left out in the winter. Either way, the nylon that holds the tykes is usually too filthy or rotted to use so I strip all that off.

This particular trailer started as a nice Burley. Famous for their mostly aluminum construction and high prices. After sitting for a year with no takers. I decided to built a cargo box for it. I used 1/4" plywood to keep the weight down. Another advantage of the Burleys is their hitch design. It is attached to the trailer so no parts get left behind on the towing bike when the trailer is donated to the coop. I primed and painted the wood to help it survive the weather around here. Hopefully a new owner won't leave it out all winter. Gorilla glue for box. I cut some angled bits to reinforce the corners and glued those in. 4 small bolts to hold the box on to the frame so it doesn't bounce around and make a bunch of noise.

This Burley has quick release wheels and a fold under hitch. That all means less storage space needed. Light enough to hang on a hook on a wall too.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UGdyYD]

[/url]

Latest posts

Back