Built with non-believers in mind

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new mods, new pictures, yay!:
20121102_173156_zps859fe8f1.jpg
20121102_173208_zps9c193836.jpg
20121102_173234_zpse8b59d24.jpg

oh yea, my front tire is deflated, that why the bike looks like its on a slant(busted inner tube)

I will that's my second dad and thanks and good luck with your bike create something out of nothing

Supercool. Can hardly wait to read the testreport. I really hope it runs good. Wish I had a guy like your Mr. Dunson hanging 'round my house. :mrgreen:

Well I have been doing some more work and I cannot fix my trail problem on my fork I've raked it and everything and still have like two inches of negative trail, its aggravating

Just looking at the pictures I think you could get at least to zero trail if you moved the front tire to the center of your fork linkage instead of at the front of it. You don't have much rake at the headtube and unless you are willing to rake it a lot this may be your only option. I see people build bikes with negative trail but they probably don't ride them much.

This is a horrible paint-chop, but you get the idea...
20120930_145833_zpsf3292bec.jpg

Good luck, Rg

would two inches of negative trail effect the handling greatly? see i lower the bike and rear end a lot and im going to take a mallot and bend my front suspension mounts down.

jj256 said:
would two inches of negative trail effect the handling greatly? see i lower the bike and rear end a lot and im going to take a mallot and bend my front suspension mounts down.

I was once 18 and bullet-proof, but somehow I made it to 50. You will not like the negative trail. The bike will handle horribly, and when you least expect it, it WILL body slam you to the ground. I know it is a pain to fix it, but it will be the difference in having a ridable bike and having something Evel Knievel wouldn't ride...

Engineering is often at odds with design, in this case, I'd go with engineering...

Good luck, Rg

The easiest way at this point is to remove the linkages at the bottom of your fork and drill a hole so the wheel can mount between the fork and the springs. This, or you can get rid of the springs completely and mount the tire directly to the fork (like it was in the earlier pictures).

No one here wants you to get hurt on a bicycle. It's easier to cut and weld a bike than it is a body!

Rg

if you need some more frames to cut up to make a new or fix your fork.. maybe i could help you out.. :oops:

but for some reason I'm still questioning the strength of my frame, i have ridden it and nothing has happened yet

Latest posts

Back