built on deployment

Discussion in 'GALLERY' started by 82ndpsycles, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Fireproof

Fireproof

0   0   0

Smack dab in the middle of the "land of fruits & n
    Hey 82ndpsycles, hello and welcome to RatRodBikes! :)
    Nice job on yer first build. 8) I hope you will be able to figure out a way to bring it home with you.
    And I’m in line with the other folks here . . . I appreciate, and thank you for, your service! :D
  2. Big_Daddy_Sloth

Big_Daddy_Sloth

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hoorah! From a former 11M.
  3. Petrohead

Petrohead

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Great build! Welcome to RRB and thanks for everything you do for us. Can't wait to see what you build when you get back!
  4. 82ndpsycles

82ndpsycles

0   0   0

does anyone have any ideas for brakes? i have a sort of "ghetto rigged" u brake system now and im not too satisfied i really dont want to modify the bike and i have a rear freewheel so im a lil lost on ideas haha. thanks for the comments and help
  5. NewOrleansFlyer

NewOrleansFlyer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I never was in the military, but thank God every day for men and women who are. I would be proud to ride with you upon your safe return...now, how you gonna get that thing back home soldier??
  6. Rev.LowBuck

Rev.LowBuck

0   0   0

7. Drummerboy1975

Drummerboy1975

0   0   0

Swee bike bro.

Could you give us some info oon it?
  8. caffeine7

caffeine7

0   0   0

Radar on mash mailed home jeeps one part at a time, maybe you can do the same to get it home lol. Great ride and thank you for your service. Come back safe
  9. 82ndpsycles

82ndpsycles

0   0   0

hells yeah i saw ur bike a while ago and i loved the brake idea. im a 91e welder/ machinist and i have a full welding and machine shop. i actually am in the process of making something real close to your brake setup. im just waiting for some free time to get it done haha. thanks for ur great ideas!
  10. 82ndpsycles

82ndpsycles

0   0   0

it was just parts purchased on ebay and at chaingang. kinda cheating lol. i bought a 30's elgin frame and its getting sent to my home and wen i get back its getting done up right. i need to find good places to bike hunt in the des moines iowa area if u have any suggestions i would love it thanks for looking
  11. jaysmo

jaysmo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

theres really no other way to put it...but heres mine THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR US HERE AT HOME.....HOOOOAH!!!!
  12. MplsCoaster

MplsCoaster

0   0   0

Hey 82ndpsycles,

Great bike!
    Valiant Effort.
    Have fun riding it.
    Thanks for serving.
    Come home safe.
  13. PabloAntonio

PabloAntonio

0   0   0

Outstanding work! I say whatever dust or dings you get on it in Iraq, make it a point to never wash it off or fix it once you get back CONUS.

I might even call it the "Tac Rat."

Oh, and just an idea... how about some expended 20mm casings for grips? I know you've got access to all sorts of dunnage and brass. It'd be way cool to really tac it out. No, wait. Don't do that. I'm gonna do it to my second build. Forget I mentioned it. ;-)

Paul
    C Co. 1-12CAV 1CD
    (1997 - 2000)
  14. someguy83

someguy83

0   0   0

First off, from one Iowa boy to another WELCOME to the site, I am glad to be in the company of you and so many others that have served. I have not served however my father was a machine repairman in the Navy from 64-69 and I appreciate all those who have served so we can all enjoy our freedoms. As far as the Des Moines area I am not sure but I think that member HOOCH is located around Coralville/ Iowa City area so he may know of some sweet spots there or if you want to come over to my neck of the woods (Davenport) you could check out the motorcycle swap meet held every year at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds on Labor Day weekend. It is a motorcycle swap but there are always parts for bicycles too even some rolling frames. Good luck and God speed with the rest of your deployment.
  15. MiniMe

MiniMe

0   0   0

u need to put a couple 2'' thick metal plates on the bike and ride behind humvees and u can use the bike as a sheild....thanks for you service!
  16. zimm

zimm

0   0   0

thanks for your service! great bike!
    i see your from des moines make sure to check out Ichi bike, http://www.ichibike.com the are great guys and have a cool shop in the east village also i have had a lot of luck on craigslist
  17. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

0   0   0

18. ichi bike

ichi bike

0   0   0

cool ride i heard your pops was in through ichi nice tattoos swell
    hopefully you can com through while i am in the shop
    great build
    take care
  19. dpbrown3000

dpbrown3000

0   0   0

Nice build, my friend. Thanks for your service and for sharing your cool builds with the forum. My grandfather flew B-24's in WWII - I've always been a big fan of the 'Olive Drab' paint.