built on deployment

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoorah! From a former 11M.

82ndpsycles said:
i built this here in iraq . i didnt really have time to do a resto but hey its a start. its also my first build . it took me a bit to get all the parts. i finally painted my bike. being in iraq its kinda hard finding good paint but i think the olive drab looks good with the tires and seat.

DSC00259.jpg

does anyone have any ideas for brakes? i have a sort of "ghetto rigged" u brake system now and im not too satisfied i really dont want to modify the bike and i have a rear freewheel so im a lil lost on ideas haha. thanks for the comments and help

I never was in the military, but thank God every day for men and women who are. I would be proud to ride with you upon your safe return...now, how you gonna get that thing back home soldier??

Radar on mash mailed home jeeps one part at a time, maybe you can do the same to get it home lol. Great ride and thank you for your service. Come back safe

Rev.LowBuck said:

hells yeah i saw ur bike a while ago and i loved the brake idea. im a 91e welder/ machinist and i have a full welding and machine shop. i actually am in the process of making something real close to your brake setup. im just waiting for some free time to get it done haha. thanks for ur great ideas!

Drummerboy1975 said:
Swee bike bro.

Could you give us some info oon it?
it was just parts purchased on ebay and at chaingang. kinda cheating lol. i bought a 30's elgin frame and its getting sent to my home and wen i get back its getting done up right. i need to find good places to bike hunt in the des moines iowa area if u have any suggestions i would love it thanks for looking

RZ94 said:
#1........THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.
#2........totally awesome bike!
#3........I see you're 82nd...my son recently returned home in November with the 2-504 PIR. Most civilians don't know that when The President dials 911 it's the 82nd that answers the call. You guys rock!

We are all very proud of all of you who defend our freedom tirelessly and of your own accord. People forget that you are all volunteers for military duty. Stay safe, Godspeed on your safe return home.

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!!

HOOOOAH.
theres really no other way to put it...but heres mine THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR US HERE AT HOME.....HOOOOAH!!!!

Outstanding work! I say whatever dust or dings you get on it in Iraq, make it a point to never wash it off or fix it once you get back CONUS.

I might even call it the "Tac Rat."

Oh, and just an idea... how about some expended 20mm casings for grips? I know you've got access to all sorts of dunnage and brass. It'd be way cool to really tac it out. No, wait. Don't do that. I'm gonna do it to my second build. Forget I mentioned it. ;-)

Paul
C Co. 1-12CAV 1CD
(1997 - 2000)

82ndpsycles said:
Drummerboy1975 said:
Swee bike bro.

Could you give us some info oon it?
it was just parts purchased on ebay and at chaingang. kinda cheating lol. i bought a 30's elgin frame and its getting sent to my home and wen i get back its getting done up right. i need to find good places to bike hunt in the des moines iowa area if u have any suggestions i would love it thanks for looking

First off, from one Iowa boy to another WELCOME to the site, I am glad to be in the company of you and so many others that have served. I have not served however my father was a machine repairman in the Navy from 64-69 and I appreciate all those who have served so we can all enjoy our freedoms. As far as the Des Moines area I am not sure but I think that member HOOCH is located around Coralville/ Iowa City area so he may know of some sweet spots there or if you want to come over to my neck of the woods (Davenport) you could check out the motorcycle swap meet held every year at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds on Labor Day weekend. It is a motorcycle swap but there are always parts for bicycles too even some rolling frames. Good luck and God speed with the rest of your deployment.

u need to put a couple 2'' thick metal plates on the bike and ride behind humvees and u can use the bike as a sheild....thanks for you service!

thanks for your service! great bike!
i see your from des moines make sure to check out Ichi bike, http://www.ichibike.com the are great guys and have a cool shop in the east village also i have had a lot of luck on craigslist

cool ride i heard your pops was in through ichi nice tattoos swell
hopefully you can com through while i am in the shop
great build
take care

Nice build, my friend. Thanks for your service and for sharing your cool builds with the forum. My grandfather flew B-24's in WWII - I've always been a big fan of the 'Olive Drab' paint.

Latest posts

Back