BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tin machine said:
hey i am a fat guy , i have gain from 216 when i started on ratrodbikes to about 260 now on a 6ft/2" frame , i am eating a hamburger as i am writing this , how can i get in on this ??? :?:

Just join us, no rules except for the end date, you set your goal, we are kind of in cometition, but we are here to cheer each other on. Wonder if Steve would care if we started a new forum in here for this. I just find it easier to lose weight when I have someone to do it with. That's why I don't go mountain biking at nights anymore, my riding buddy doesn't come around anymore. Same with going to the gym, the guy I went with moved. I need encouragement.

Gold Street Customs said:
I would join in on this ,but we don't own a scale, And the $ for a scale......that's bike parts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't there a truck weight station close to you? :mrgreen: (seriously though, lota of public scales, or put one on the floor of your local department store, choose the one that is the most forgiving)

OK, who's good with math, we should all post our starting weight and then as we lose weight we could compete by "total percentage of weight lost" from our body, not from our target, that would make it anyone's game, target could still be reached but that wouldn't play in.

HERE HERE. well I have been trying to read all the post. there is just too many and I got too much to do. the ones I saw are very nice. so ya all get back to work. have fun. I will try and read more as time permits. ok, back to the weight party. lose on guys.lol
oh I am at 160, nope don't need to join this.lol.

Outlaw :p

Does a tetanus shot cover a cut from a jagged piece of copper? Or is that just for rusty steel?

dogdart said:
Whoops , I thought I was commenting in the RRBBO discussion area . Looks like I interrupted a Jenny Craig meeting :p

+1

Peatbog said:
hdr-clicktocall_join_us.png

Oh no Peat, don't go changing your build name to the Weight Eliminator!

Peatbog said:
So my official starting weight is 242. Do we want to start an official fat guys trying to lose weight thread?

Maybe we need to, us fatties aren't getting any love in here!

My "official" start weight is 201.8, we went to a cookout tonight, grilled chicken, baked beans, chips, cake AND pie... maybe I'll shed that tomorrow for a quick boost.

No target weight required unless you have a goal, otherwise we will all compare by figuring out from our weight lost what percentage we lost.

Then in the end we can add it all up and brag about combined weight loss.

Wildcat said:
Does a tetanus shot cover a cut from a jagged piece of copper? Or is that just for rusty steel?

Tetanus shot is good for all dirty cuts, as long as you've had one in the last 10 years, but don't "cut" it close, overlap your tetanus shots, usually free at health departments.

Yooth, you should change you build name to G.I. Jenny Craig.

Gold Street Customs said:
How does tofu taste barbequed ?????

It falls in between the grills :D

So are we doing it based on % of body weight lost?
I'm starting at 271. Goal is <200. I started at 361 but I've been at it a while!

Check out a couple of the Malacca, Malaysia trishaw bikes. These guys rock out their bikes with all sorts of cool rat and non-rat like ornamentation. Most are loaded up with mega amp sound systems and lights too. I will post more photos of these bikes in a separate thread once I am back from Asia.

IMG_7750.jpg

Theres no way I should join a weight loss program. Especially on a bike forum. I'm already a featherweight! Lol

I have a build that I am considering entering the build off. I have to widen the frame to fit the wheel tire set in the rear. I have seen at least one other bike in the build off doing this. BUT this specific modification is not explicitly listed as allowed in the rules.

Can widening of the rear triangle be added to the list of allowed modifications or should I just assume it's allowed until told otherwise?

Thanks!

Lots of cool builds going on, it's FUN!

Well, there's this rule:

"3. Must use factory frame....no altering of original frame structure/geometry"

But then there's also this:

"10. Don't ask a bunch of goofy questions trying to get around the rules...just build a cool bike and have fun."

Sooooo......Don't ask don't tell??? :wink:

mrfritz said:
Can widening of the rear triangle be added to the list of allowed modifications or should I just assume it's allowed until told otherwise?

Good job asking questions before the cut! The short answer is: Yes. Widening a lil for bigger tires is ok. I quote Yooth:

yoothgeye said:
... imagine the profile of your frame, trace it onto cardboard, if in the end it still fits the profile, you're good (as long as you didn't do something too crazy, like cut out the rear triangle and make a matching one that fits a truck tire). A little widening for fat tires has been done and is being done.

Be careful an don't cut if you have a question, there is already one build I suspect that is disqualified on his current frame.

Latest posts

Back