BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fisch said:
Can a person enter a bike they entered but didn't finish RRBBO6 or is it disqualified?

This is really supposed to be a new build, depends on how far you got or if you plan to go a different direction.

yoothgeye said:
Fisch said:
Can a person enter a bike they entered but didn't finish RRBBO6 or is it disqualified?

This is really supposed to be a new build, depends on how far you got or if you plan to go a different direction.

I guess that makes sense, otherwise there is no point of a timeline to build the bike within. :) I'll come up with something new.

Fisch said:
I guess that makes sense, otherwise there is no point of a timeline to build the bike within. :) I'll come up with something new.

Yeah, but don't give up on the old build, can't wait to see what you come up with.

yoothgeye said:
ndaway said:
WOW :shock: how do we keep up with all these new threads :?: :?:

I'm struggling myself, so many people to make sad when I beat them.

Wise guy... :wink: :mrgreen:

It is hard keeping up with all of the threads. I just want to say good luck and God bless to everybody who enters, because I know there will be so many COOL bikes that I may not see them all before this is over.
Peace Y'all

So far I think the DX has the most appearances in the build off..?? I didn't go through and count but it seems like i saw at least 3 or 4 threads with a DX as the base! I can't blame them, its a great bike!!

yoothgeye said:
Fisch said:

So maybe this is a dumb question, but I "started" a build a while ago because I was too impatient to wait for the build-off. Now build-off has arrived, and I have accomplished nothing because I ended up moving house instead, can I still enter it? Here I submit my work done so far for your judgement.

(Also, I am hardly in it to win it, I just thought having a deadline might help me get off my butt and work on it :D )

ossum said:
yoothgeye said:
Fisch said:

So maybe this is a dumb question, but I "started" a build a while ago because I was too impatient to wait for the build-off. Now build-off has arrived, and I have accomplished nothing because I ended up moving house instead, can I still enter it? Here I submit my work done so far for your judgement.

(Also, I am hardly in it to win it, I just thought having a deadline might help me get off my butt and work on it :D )

Looks like you've only done some teardown and cleaning and really haven't started a "build" yet, would you agree?

Ok stupid questain, was there a start time or date that we could start a build for this build off, i started a bike build a few weeks ago and didnt know if i could enter it. Thanks Sulley

Sulley said:
Ok stupid questain, was there a start time or date that we could start a build for this build off, i started a bike build a few weeks ago and didnt know if i could enter it. Thanks Sulley

The start date was when the build-off started, May 1st. This was so we would all start on a level playing field.

Hey guys, there's one build in here that is really showing a lot of potential! There's so many to look at I didn't want anyone to miss this one:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56352

trollface.jpg

Ok thank you. Could one of the mods remore my entery in the build off please.Its the Black Bauer Bike "BBB" Thanks Sulley

yoothgeye said:
Looks like you've only done some teardown and cleaning and really haven't started a "build" yet, would you agree?

Yup, no building at all (unless you count my shiny new brake-cables :wink: ), just a small amount of cleaning and half a tear-down.

Is there a cutoff for when someone can join the build off? I might want to do one last minute. Too busy now with my wedding coming up, and we just bought a business.

I JUST started a build and although I'm DQ'd since I'm powdercoating, rather than painting myself, I'd like to post by build diary anyway....I doubt I'd win but I'd love to share. Is that cool?

Latest posts

Back