BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold Street Customs said:
SURE !!! wire up the diabetic :lol:

I've never made sugar free cupcakes, but I guess you can leave the sugar out of everything, maybe you substitute it with something that looks similar... salt?

Crap, Steve said I couldn't be typing nonsense in this thread... I can fix it.

Hey everyone, did you see all those build-off bikes? Pretty cool huh?

yoothgeye said:
brett4christ said:
I'm SOOOOOOO bummed! My tires don't fit my frame!!! I'm so glad I checked it out tonight. If I had announced my initial frame in my first thread post, I'd be forced to settle either the cool frame with ho-hum tires or an average frame with wow-factor tires!

Decisions.................

At least I have almost 3 months to decide!!! :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :oops:

You got a scissor jack? Bend.

Hammer a 2 x 4 between the dropouts and work forward. I've done it.

Wildcat said:
Hammer a 2 x 4 between the dropouts and work forward. I've done it.

Some bolt a hub between the drops then use the jack to bend out. I could see someone making a wooden jig to bend the stays around with a ratchet strap. I've seen it in build offs before, tire fitting is fair game as long as the frame appears the same when done.

I don't want to, but I must sleep.

My wife doesn't understand, at 12 when the posts started rollin in I sprang from my compy and did the "ratrodbikes build off dance/song"

She laughed and made fun of me, but I was too busy soakin in the threads and planning my build to care!!!!

I love seeing all the creativity put into all the bikes. But wonder at what point is the competion level going to get so high that many others can't participate, due to not having the tools and equipment like others have. It would be nice to see different classes formed, or categories. Just curious.

yoothgeye said:
brett4christ said:
I'm SOOOOOOO bummed! My tires don't fit my frame!!! I'm so glad I checked it out tonight. If I had announced my initial frame in my first thread post, I'd be forced to settle either the cool frame with ho-hum tires or an average frame with wow-factor tires!

Decisions.................

At least I have almost 3 months to decide!!! :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :oops:

You got a scissor jack? Bend.

Or swap the fork for more clearance in the front and use dropout extensions in the rear. :wink:

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I've thought of all that, but I really want to use the stock forks on the *Brightliner*.....and I don't want to chance popping the chrome in the area of the tweak. I'm definitely going to build it.....it's cleaning up waaaaay too nice to cast aside!!!

I may have schemed an alternative plan. I've got to do a simple layout on the garage floor tonight to see if I can make it work. Just might have a little more automotive influence than I first imagined!!!

Tonight is the turning point!

bhaltima08 said:
I love seeing all the creativity put into all the bikes. But wonder at what point is the competion level going to get so high that many others can't participate, due to not having the tools and equipment like others have. It would be nice to see different classes formed, or categories. Just curious.

If you look back at the builds through the years you will see that many of the people from the first build-offs are not entering anymore. We constantly have a new pool of talent and different skills and taste, also, with a WORLD of bicycles and people entering old and new stuff this will always work.

bhaltima08 said:

Don't be discouraged by success of others. Setting the bar high just makes everybody try harder. Last years winner could have been put (mechanically)together by anyone.

Plus I think the more talk about separate classes, the less people want to change things.

My respect goes a long way for people who just finish. There were a bunch of builds in RRBO6 that I was really looking forward to being completed that didn't go far beyond the planning stage. Hopefully they'll pick up where they left off last year.

I'll be happy with double digit votes this year. And that's a pretty high goal with my base bike.

JoKeR63 said:
bhaltima08 said:
I'll be happy with double digit votes this year. And that's a pretty high goal with my base bike.

Hey, now that's a good goal! Looking at the voting last year (and the 9 votes I got) I was really hoping for 10! I like the way you think.

Peatbog said:
My goal is one vote. I am saving one of my votes so if it gets close to the end and I don't get a vote, I'm voting for myself. :mrgreen:

You'll get votes, we have people who come out to vote for 20" bikes, build it cool and you'll convert some 24" and 26" bike guys.

Minglarbar everyone from Myanmar!
I don't have time or a good enough connection to see all of the build threads. But it was cool just scrolling through the build names and such.
Best of luck as you get your Headstart on me. Use it wisely!

kingfish254 said:
I don't have time or a good enough connection to see all of the build threads. But it was cool just scrolling through the build names and such.

I'll start a thread for you Kingfish. :roll:

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

I'll start a thread for you Kingfish. :roll:
I think you could call his build "Missing In Action" :lol:

Wow!! 40 builds (39 builders...thanks to Chips)!! And we're not 24 hours into the buildoff!

Nuts, man! I'm talking PISTACHIOS!

Latest posts

Back