BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so..... when it says "no geometry changes" does that include spreading the rear stays for wider tires? :roll:

scrumblero said:
so..... when it says "no geometry changes" does that include spreading the rear stays for wider tires? :roll:
Well no, It doesn't mean you cant do that...If so I'm in trouble because Ive already done that to fit my 24x3 in the back :wink:

scrumblero said:

My interpretation is this is all about lengthening, raking, stretching, lowering. You can widen stays, remove brackets, or add bars. I liked the way someone else put it, trace your frame on paper, after you mods the frame should still match the stock tracing, but add ons are ok.

Everyone is reading too much into the rules and gettn worked up... keep it simple and have fun... 8)

garagegoon said:
Everyone is reading too much into the rules and gettn worked up... keep it simple and have fun... 8)

Exactly!

I was sorried about the rules until I looked at past years entries.

Ok. So i'm totally at loss of ideas here.
Well...I've got them, but dont know what one to enter(and probably not finish)

Delorean 2.0-Gotta re-attempt this. Didnt like my first try.

BMX Worksman-Worksman frame, BMX Style. (freewheel and whatnot)

SCHWINN BMX/MTB-Chrome frame, mix of MTB/BMX

Purple Worksman-Purple/orange/Pink Worksman (80s Hot rod style)

2 Muscle bikes...Choice of 20/24

And theres more...but of course I dont know what to do.

Rat Rod said:
Sorry man....I don't host photos on this forum for people...the storage space would kill me.

You need to open a free Photobucket account and use that instead.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=172
and/or your server may provide a limited amount of webspace that you can load with pics.

i think i know this answer, im pretty positive actually. but i have to ask, is completely getting rid of the seat tube to much of a mod? im not streching it, just want to try something new.

I haven't read all the discussion comments yet (too lazy to read 6 pages I guess). But I see some emerging themes this year, non-typical frames (2 Elgin 5-bars a few diamond frames). Monark forks and big/little tire combos and more road and BMX parts.

Overall, the enthusiasm and build ideas are awesome, we've got folks (Cameron) in final paint color already! After only 3 days! GEEZE!

I know it's early, but this thing is WIDE open!

I love it!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Peatbog said:
Whoa, this is almost too cool to be true. As a new guy, I have nothing now to get started with, but it looks like I have a year to find something for next time.

You have three months to build something - so forget about the year, start hunting now :D

~ AL

( still pondering myself,and I've picked up some 'build fodder' lately ... )

Double Nickle said:
scrumblero said:
Well no, It doesn't mean you cant do that...If so I'm in trouble because Ive already done that to fit my 24x3 in the back :wink:

SWEET! now how about some junk hanging off the rear dropouts to do a "bolt on stretch" ?? :?

scrumblero said:
SWEET! now how about some junk hanging off the rear dropouts to do a "bolt on stretch" ?? :?

It was legal last year... and I've considered it for my build, since I have vertical dropouts and a coaster-brake.

skillsthebarber said:
Is it ok if we have some parts powdercoated? I know we need to paint ourself, but what about powdercoating?

Sorry...rattle can only by the builder.

gowjobs said:
scrumblero said:

It was legal last year... and I've considered it for my build, since I have vertical dropouts and a coaster-brake.

awesome!! I am starting to see something... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back