BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
herr_rudolf said:
rrbbo_6_1.jpg

^Don't you love RRBBO?

I can get used to this kind of 'spam'...
:wink:
Adjust your options. it only emails me when I get a pm.

pick said:
wolfy said:
This sounds fun i want to enter but im not sure...
Go for it! It's all for fun anyway! Build something you would be proud to ride! 8)
I think i might rip my meridian apart how do i upload pics from my drive to here not url? i might start a build thread.

wolfy said:
herr_rudolf said:
rrbbo_6_1.jpg

^Don't you love RRBBO?

It looks like my build replys are taking up most of your inbox. Sorry dude and yes change your options. I only get PM mail sent to email.

wolfy said:
herr_rudolf said:
wolfy said:
This sounds fun i want to enter but im not sure...

Why not? There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't.
1 lack of time
2 lack of funds
3 lack os skills
I really want to mabye... i cant ride a bike but i want to get a cheap schwinn"drifter" from sears or schwinn"legacy" to learn on as a starting point. i currenly customize bikes and paint um but doubt can build something from a frame. Nice meeting you ratrod.

I don't think that any one of those 3 reasons has stopped a large number of us from doing something before :mrgreen:

Brentley said:
wolfy said:
1 lack of time
2 lack of funds
3 lack os skills
I really want to mabye... i cant ride a bike but i want to get a cheap schwinn"drifter" from sears or schwinn"legacy" to learn on as a starting point. i currenly customize bikes and paint um but doubt can build something from a frame. Nice meeting you ratrod.

I don't think that any one of those 3 reasons has stopped a large number of us from doing something before :mrgreen:

+1

Just do what you can do to make an old bicycle look good. The worst thing that can happen is you end up with a cool looking bike that didn't win. You seem to enjoy this forum. Wanting a ratrodbike is just hours away of owning one. You can make it as difficult or as easy as you want it to be. It can take as long or as short as you want. Same goes for funds. By deffinition a ratrod is supposed to be cheap(looking). (err... looky here, I'm discussing the term 'ratrod' :shock: ...all for a good cause though :wink: ) But ofcourse, you should try and make it anyway you want it.

I didn't enter the build-off last year because I didn't manage to get a decent frame, and because of a serious lack of time. And I felt really bad that I didn't join in.

Double Nickle said:
wolfy said:
herr_rudolf said:
rrbbo_6_1.jpg

^Don't you love RRBBO?

It looks like my build replys are taking up most of your inbox. Sorry dude and yes change your options. I only get PM mail sent to email.

heheh guys!
...you gotta read more carefully: "I CAN get used to this kind of spam." After a while I will know which build to follow and which to ignore. For now, I like the start-up activity and want to keep up with all of the new bikes getting entered.

Just counted the threads, looks like 42 builds so far, is that right?

From all of your past experience, what is the finish percentage?

With 42 on day 2, who wants to predict total number of entries?

Easy: Check 'board index' and look up the 'RRBBO#6' thread: 45 posts in total. Minus 3 (discussion, rules, trophy) makes it 42 on day 2.
So yes, you are correct.

Or...
Go to the RRBBO#6 forum and look up the blue digit in the upper right corner.
At this very moment:
54 topics equals 54 bikes entered!
8)

last year there were 144 entries.......or was that the year before? :?
so id guess somewhere arount that or more :wink:

yoothgeye said:
Chunt said:
are trikes allowed, or does it have to be 2 wheels?

Sure, use it.
Now im in how do i upload pics to start the thread? i want to upload from drive not url?
im using my mystery "rallye" frame with trike parts.

Rat Rod said:
Sorry man....I don't host photos on this forum for people...the storage space would kill me.

You need to open a free Photobucket account and use that instead.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=172
ok no prob. im ripin the 3 wheeler apart this week! im in.

Latest posts

Back