Budget Bomber *update 11/30* -DONE-

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been busy with a swing bike and craigslist bikes. Finally got some things into primer tonight. Should have some update pics tomorrow night.

Re: Budget Bomber *update 10/08*

Been busy with car stuff and work then got a black widow infestation in my work area, so I got sidetracked. I hope I finish in time, here are some updated shots of the tank insert and the chain ring.
PB250352.jpg

PB250351.jpg

Re: Budget Bomber *update 11/21*

Yeah, I like the 'Twilight Zone' sprocket. 'You are pedaling through another dimension.' Very cool bike.

Re: Budget Bomber *update 11/21*

Not sure if I will finish in time tomorrow, I got lazy with the long time frame to build this bike and lost track of time. I messed up the check job on the rims, so I'm going to just do solid black. I will most likely throw a set of chrome coaster wheels on it tomorrow just to have it ridable.

PC060420.jpg

PC060423.jpg

Re: Budget Bomber *update 11/29*

I made it! It has been raining all day long here, so I put the rest of it together in the rain and got soaked. I think it would look 1000 times better with the checker wheels but procrastination got the best of me and I had to slap these coaster wheels on it just to get it finished and ridable. I took it for a spin in the rain and it rides great. I also never finished the covers I was going to use for the welds on the handle bars, and I wanted to make a layed back seat post to get the seat further back but oh well. I will probably give the checkers another go and do all the other details I wanted to do later. I think it came out pretty neat for a bland diamond frame bike and It was built for under 30 bucks, but I don't think it compares to the quality and creativity of most of the other bikes built in this contest.

Sorry but I had to take the pictures under the carport because I didn't want to get my camera wet and I couldn't find a tripod to use to get better night shots. If we are allowed to post better pictures later than I will, if not here is what I got.

PC060428.jpg

PC060429.jpg

PC060430.jpg

PC060433.jpg

PC060435.jpg

I like it, boardtracker tough, vintage cool, all with a sense of humor. Great build!

Latest posts

Back