BTR frame build . .

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
413219981.jpg
I'm car restorer, motorcycle guy . . but bikes are interesting to me. I have built few. I decided to build a BTR, something that looks like it is from the 1920s I guess. So I started with a Huffy dual cantilever frame and started cutting. At this point only the rear section is still the original frame. I haven't decided about the forks yet. The frame is stretched about 5 inches and I still have a bar to add ( dual straight bar frame ), but decided to post a pic. Thanks

I added the other bar. Still deciding on forks . . . I want the front lower to bring the upper bar parallel to the ground. Would like to kick the front tire out to do this. Ideas?
413227339.jpg

I added the other bar. Still deciding on forks . . . I want the front lower to bring the upper bar parallel to the ground. Would like to kick the front tire out to do this. Ideas?
413227339.jpg

Something like a rat trap springer with the rockers flipped around. Looks cool, and lowers the front while kicking the front tire forward.

I'll have to google that because I am ignorant of that fork you are talking about :)

I just looked it up, very vintage/cool looking . .hmmmm

That is cool looking. Where do you find those pieces? I looked on ebay, saw nothing.

Since I had the stock fork I started to modify it. I cut about an inch off the bottom including the dropouts. I then cut some steel and made my own dropout, offsetting the wheel more forward, as well as lowered. I will build a truss for this as well. If I don't like it, oh well.
413235762.jpg

Latest posts

Back