Bryant St. Cruiser Werks Presents The Deuce de Ville

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, here goes my one week build, the bike was started last Thursday 10/14/10 and as of today 10/21/10 it is complete. I will take final pics tomarrow weather permitting. I am using a prewar Shelby Built Hiawathia frame, 24" Cream Schwinn S-2's w/ Nirve 24 x 3 Tires, New Triple Tree frok. Over the years I have owned this frame I have built it 3 or 4 times in different configurations never getting it where I wanted to be. This is it, the bike I am most proud of and one if the best riders I have.

Bike mocked up with old brown paint(red primer clear coated...bad idea)
DSC00313.jpg

Old Headbadge
DSC00315.jpg

The Prized S-2's
DSC00317.jpg

I did not take any pics from this point on, as I was building a bike at frantic speed plus working my day job, and lets all admit we have seen 1000's of bare metal frames and bikes missing their cranks and handlebars! So please don't hate that I didn't complete a full photo essay.

The Deuce de Ville updated pics 10/22

Bike features old Miller and Union Generator lights rebuilt with LED's and completley functually all wiring is run through the frame. Special crank bought from Cycles US that allows a American bottom bracket and Euro pedals. Old MTB stem with pulley and flat bars robbed form a 80's Raliegh MTB. 24" x 3" Nirve Fata** tires and Schwinn S-2 Cream Rims. 1/2" pitch Drivetrain with a Schwinn Exercycle Sprocket.

Painted in GM Gun Metal Grey
DSC00318.jpg

N.O.S. Cadillac Headbadge
DSC00319.jpg

Hot Rod Inspired Tank(George Barris design, yes those are kitchen drawer knobs)
DSC00321.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

Tail Light/License Plate
DSC00320.jpg

DSC00329.jpg

Bell actuated from MTB Brake Lever
DSC00331.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

Cable Running through Headlight Mount
DSC00326.jpg

Cadet Speedo
DSC00324.jpg

That's just too danged cool! Nice job, and in record time!
Funny, I've wondered a few times about how using the old '60s customizers' trick of using knobs on grilles and such would look on a bike, but wasn't sure how to pull it off - cool idea. 8)

Thanks for the comments! Its was a really fun build. I was at the Denver Veloswap today and aquired a new headlight, so once I rewire it for LED it will be on the bike. Stay posted...

scrumblero said:
looks awesome!!... what kinda brakes are on teh front? :?
Thats not a brake its a bell!, when you pull the brake lever and the bell behind the seat rings.

Latest posts

Back