Brooks Saddles Questions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heys guys...I just picked up Electra Straight 8 and was thinking about getting a Brooks B190 saddle. Have any of you guys got one. Are they worth the $$$, and are they as comfortable as they say. Would they be more comfortable than my stock saddle? I noticed my stock saddle sqeaks alot. Do the brooks saddles sqeak much? Will that go away in time , or is there a way to stop it?...any other info and advice is appreciated...thx

Last fall I took the plunge and bought a B33. It was a close call between the B33, and the B190, but I went with the slightly stiffer B33.
Anyway- Buy it. You will not regret the purchase. Be aware, though that it does take some time to break in a Brooks saddle. That's a chunk of some very thick, and very strong leather. I remember posting after my first few rides on the B33 that my rear end wasn't exactly feelin' the magic. Now I understand why everyone swears by these things. It's like I bought a rear suspension for the cruiser- a very different feeling from your common thickly padded cruiser seat. I can do a four or five hour ride with no discomfort. Even if I decide to sell the Dragonfly cruiser, (not likely) I'd keep the Brooks for the next bike.

JWM

Latest posts

Back