Brompton Folding bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Saw this in the UK. Looks nice. Now I'm kinda interested in a folding g bike!
IMG_20190109_154005903.jpg

Folding bikes are fun. I've never been lucky enough to snatch up a Brompton, but there are plenty of cool old and new folders out there.

Everyone I've talked with who's had one loves them. Seem like quality bikes. It would be great to see what someone on here could do with customizing one.

g bike? typo?

I like the Dahons, good quality, but still pricey used on CL.
2qd3fgj.jpg

The Raleigh 20 was the standard for years. It was heavy and bulletproof, known as a "shopper" overseas. I think the Bromptons are the upper class of the folders.
Raleigh 20
images

Rollfast made a pseudo-folder, the Mustang in the late 60's.

67l3l1.jpg

The Vagabond was offered by Sears and others also.
upload_2019-1-11_9-28-46.jpeg

I've recently had 2 come through the lab. The Bickerton was an aluminum folder from the 70's that inspired the creation of the Brompton
upload_2019-1-12_9-55-16.jpeg

and this little Raleigh Folder that was just a bit too small for me...
upload_2019-1-12_9-57-29.jpeg

both have found good homes.

I've had at least a dozen folders over the years. Currently I have a Bike Friday I bought back in 1993 (frame# 58), which is more of a dis-assembling bike than a folder. My other folder is a 16" CITIZEN TOKYO and is very well made. Their pricing is extremely reasonable. Check out their website- http://www.citizenbike.com/

36ae09c5ec3ed3e28fc9a45f43536e01.jpg

Older Schwinn by Dahon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totecyle is fun. I have that one too :) Weighs a ton and it doesnt "fold" but its a lot longer than most folding bikes so its a more comfy ride. The part thats not comfy is the shift is mounted under the seat!

Latest posts

Back