BROKEN, BEAT AND SCARRED.... "SPEED KING" ***TEASER SHOT 8/1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BROKEN, BEAT AND SCARRED.... "SPEED KING" 5/29

is this bike going to use up right bars or boardtrack? the seat is a bit bussy maybe because the springs are so shinny.

WE NEED UPDATE!!!!

really like the way this one`s coming together! :D some really sweet parts too. i know what you mean about the long spring saddle. i replaced the black troxel i was going to use,because it didnt flow with the rest of the bike! :cry: they just seem to look more balanced on full fendered bikes.

Thanks guys! Zero progress on this thing. I bought a car with a blown engine to fix and resell. I've spent all of my time on it this past week or so :( I'll be back on the Speed King this weekend.....I hope :roll:

Well.......be back to fabricating on this thing tomorrow. Sat some stuff on it again just for ideas. This old Messinger seat is the winner of my seat options. Probably gonna get the Shelby sprocket also.

Re: BROKEN, BEAT AND SCARRED.... "SPEED KING" 6/12

here here! i think the moon bars might need to be cut down though. :D

I agree on that.....if I use them they do need to be shorter. I was looking for something that flowed with the curved lines. I have a habit of mocking stuff up and taking pictures of it. I get a better idea that way if it looks right or not. Some stuff looks ok in real life and photographs poorly. If it looks good in photo, it usually is good :idea:

stretch said:
here here! i think the moon bars might need to be cut down though. :D

i'm really diggin this bike! got one of those great patina's we don't see to often :lol: , and the steel work just sets it off.
def. in my list of those i feel deserve my vote. :lol:

UPDATE UPDATE!!

yup, what dr. icy said. 8)

:mrgreen: You guys are as persistent as my wife when she wants the yard mowed...not much to report. I finally decided on tires (hope I like them). I need those to set the the fenders up for clearance. Picked up a few accessories to finish up the build. I'll have something for you soon :wink:

Impatient, pains in the rear.....opps did I forget to hang up :shock: :mrgreen:

oh i know i am, i dont know about the others. i love being a nuisance. :p :mrgreen:

SimpleMan said:
:mrgreen:

Impatient, pains in the rear.....opps did I forget to hang up :shock: :mrgreen:

IMPATIENT!????? i ressemble that remark 8)

hey icy, do you mean resent that remark? :wink:

Well......no more excuses. My tires are here and I have all the parts now to complete this build. Won't have much time before the weekend to work on it but I do hope to have the rims trued, hubs serviced and the tires mounted so I can roll on toward assembly :D

Picked up a couple of cool accessories for it. This glass lensed Delta light grabbed my heart when I saw it this weekend at an auction. I knew it was the one the build needed :mrgreen: Also picked up a cool 50's era minature brass fire extinguisher.....and it really works! I pictured it with a grip for scale to show how small it is.

Double Nickle said:
DIGGING the uni-spring...I want one where did you get one like that?

It's off of a Monark......some of them had one spring instead of two.

Latest posts

Back