1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

Bracket For Back Wheel

Discussion in 'HOW TO' started by PhillysBignLow, Apr 3, 2012.

1. PhillysBignLow

PhillysBignLow

Hey, does anyone know of where to get, or have plans on how to make, or has made, a bracket to attach to the rear of the frame (im thinking aluminum) to lower the rear of the bike in comparison to the rear axle? I raised the rear seat of my lowrider so I can actually ride it, but would really want to get the whole bike a lot lower. I'm thinking like an inch in the back, so I can slap on a shorter crank and the bent springer front end I'm holding right now. Anyway, please let me know.

2. udallcustombikes

udallcustombikes Moderator

3. slowriderz

slowriderz

Funny that you asked this... I just did a similar thing and posted a picture today of my daughter riding it. I made the brackets out of some parts I had laying around the shop. I can post some close up pictures if you would like. I will be making a few more sets of them if you have any interest. BUT I would think that the way I made them, they would need to be "drop out" specific.
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54968

4. aka_locojoe

aka_locojoe

Dangratsdan did this years ago. Out of aluminum I think. Bolted and epoxied on.

[​IMG]

5. pick

pick

This is how I did mine on Bad Apple. 1/4" steel, bolted onto the original dropout & another bolt & hole to keep it from moving. Shape is only limited by your imagination! This pic was taken before I added the 2nd bolt.
    [​IMG]

6. slowriderz

slowriderz

Havent built the tensioner for the chain yet but this is how I made mine. Of course borrowed the idea from the brake pad post.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]