Bracket For Back Wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, does anyone know of where to get, or have plans on how to make, or has made, a bracket to attach to the rear of the frame (im thinking aluminum) to lower the rear of the bike in comparison to the rear axle? I raised the rear seat of my lowrider so I can actually ride it, but would really want to get the whole bike a lot lower. I'm thinking like an inch in the back, so I can slap on a shorter crank and the bent springer front end I'm holding right now. Anyway, please let me know.

Funny that you asked this... I just did a similar thing and posted a picture today of my daughter riding it. I made the brackets out of some parts I had laying around the shop. I can post some close up pictures if you would like. I will be making a few more sets of them if you have any interest. BUT I would think that the way I made them, they would need to be "drop out" specific.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54968

Dangratsdan did this years ago. Out of aluminum I think. Bolted and epoxied on.

Picture022.jpg

This is how I did mine on Bad Apple. 1/4" steel, bolted onto the original dropout & another bolt & hole to keep it from moving. Shape is only limited by your imagination! This pic was taken before I added the 2nd bolt.
rrbo6009.jpg

Latest posts

Back