Bracket For Back Wheel

Discussion in 'HOW TO' started by PhillysBignLow, Apr 3, 2012.

1. PhillysBignLow

PhillysBignLow

0   0   0

Hey, does anyone know of where to get, or have plans on how to make, or has made, a bracket to attach to the rear of the frame (im thinking aluminum) to lower the rear of the bike in comparison to the rear axle? I raised the rear seat of my lowrider so I can actually ride it, but would really want to get the whole bike a lot lower. I'm thinking like an inch in the back, so I can slap on a shorter crank and the bent springer front end I'm holding right now. Anyway, please let me know.

2. udallcustombikes

udallcustombikes Moderator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

3. slowriderz

slowriderz Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

Funny that you asked this... I just did a similar thing and posted a picture today of my daughter riding it. I made the brackets out of some parts I had laying around the shop. I can post some close up pictures if you would like. I will be making a few more sets of them if you have any interest. BUT I would think that the way I made them, they would need to be "drop out" specific.
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54968

4. aka_locojoe

aka_locojoe

0   0   0

Dangratsdan did this years ago. Out of aluminum I think. Bolted and epoxied on.

[​IMG]

5. pick

pick Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

This is how I did mine on Bad Apple. 1/4" steel, bolted onto the original dropout & another bolt & hole to keep it from moving. Shape is only limited by your imagination! This pic was taken before I added the 2nd bolt.
    [​IMG]

6. slowriderz

slowriderz Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

Havent built the tensioner for the chain yet but this is how I made mine. Of course borrowed the idea from the brake pad post.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]